Quantcast

by this time next year...

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
...With only 3 available trails, and only one of which will be an "expert trail". Not to mention an average of almost 2 hours of driving for most people just to get there.

But hey, progress is progress! Can't wait!!

Jun 18, 2004
we'll have a lift assisted bike park in our back yards. :weee::weee:

kinda a pointless thread.. but i'm stoked
If you mean Stevens... by this time next year we will be building it... if we are lucky...

it's gonna be an el nino winter; hope they make enough $$$ to start building next year...

I would help for free or minimum wage or sign a waiver or what ever... I so want it to go in... but these things are tricky

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
Did I miss something? Is this is something that the government is doing and I am the last one to find out because I work here? From ski area operations to prison operations? Inmates building trail????? Hmmmm?

Joel

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Did I miss something? Is this is something that the government is doing and I am the last one to find out because I work here? From ski area operations to prison operations? Inmates building trail????? Hmmmm?

Joel
I heard Umpa-Lumpas were going to be building it. :rofl:

I don't know how I feel riding a ladder bridge made of chocolate though...:shocked: Tasty when you crash I guess!

knittingfiend

Monkey
Jun 13, 2008
A tick north of Seattle
we'll have a lift assisted bike park in our back yards. :weee::weee:

kinda a pointless thread.. but i'm stoked
I'm planning on buying a season' pass, sight unseen, I'm that stoked!! :DI can't wait!! I used to ride Snoqualmie and was super bummed when that closed down. I know this has been rumor for a long time, but it sounds like it's gonna happen and I'll be there! :weee:

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
any updates joel??
summer is almost over :[
The next big milestone is scheduled for Oct 1. This is when the Environmental Assessment (EA) becomes public. I will make sure that everyone knows when this happens. We will probably launch our own Stevens Pass Bike Park forum when this happens.

Obviously no dirt is getting moved this summer, but as of right now we are still on track to open next summer.

Joel

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
so u guyses are talken about stevens i think it will be cool like whistler but closer and stuff will thay open it next year

ridetilludie

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
Renton
The next big milestone is scheduled for Oct 1. This is when the Environmental Assessment (EA) becomes public. I will make sure that everyone knows when this happens. We will probably launch our own Stevens Pass Bike Park forum when this happens.

Obviously no dirt is getting moved this summer, but as of right now we are still on track to open next summer.

Joel
Cheers to the Stevens Pass crew for having the foresight to push this through!

I look forward to the good times that come with the return of true alpine lift access to Washington. I'll be checking for the new website and season pass info after the 1st.
Oh Ya it's on!

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Steven's Pass is smart to realize how many people are driving from Oregon, Washington, and even Cali through the area to get to Whistler. They are going to have one hell of a monopoly on lift riding here. Snoqualmie is too ghetto, and Crystal is too yuppy. Stevens is just right. :thumb:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.

Joel

How do you expect to open if you haven't moved dirt? Please don't open the lifts to have just fire road riding. It will make people never want to come back.

Kyle,

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
How do you expect to open if you haven't moved dirt? Please don't open the lifts to have just fire road riding. It will make people never want to come back.

Kyle,
There will be NO fire road riding. As soon as we close for winter we will start pushing snow then have construction crew 7 days a week until we open. We will open with a minimum of 2 trails. Inter and Adv is the plan. We will continue building other trails once we are open.

Joel

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
There will be NO fire road riding. As soon as we close for winter we will start pushing snow then have construction crew 7 days a week until we open. We will open with a minimum of 2 trails. Inter and Adv is the plan. We will continue building other trails once we are open.

Joel
As a past avid snowboarder, this will be the first time ever I will be crossing my fingers for you guys to close haha.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.

Joel
Good. Just let us know. I'm sure you'll have some eager volunteers if you just ask.....

Kyle,

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
Sorry for 'bumming you out' but come on, we've been promised a bike park up there "next year" for what the past 2 years now?
Believe me if it was up to me we would be riding already. I know it has taken a long time, but it is what it is. There is a process that we have to go through and the speed is not necesarrily up to us.

All I ask is for everyone to hang in there. We are trying everyday to make this happen as soon as we can.

keep the faith.

Joel

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Sorry for 'bumming you out' but come on, we've been promised a bike park up there "next year" for what the past 2 years now?
Seriously? You're sour because they are two years behind on a bike park which has major red tape and beauracracy? How long did it take you the last time you tried to get a legit trail approved and built or for a real challenge try building a public skatepark...

Patience and public support will get us a Washington state lift serviced bike park.

ridetilludie

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
Renton
Seriously? You're sour because they are two years behind on a bike park which has major red tape and beauracracy? How long did it take you the last time you tried to get a legit trail approved and built or for a real challenge try building a public skatepark...

Patience and public support will get us a Washington state lift serviced bike park.
I too would be bitter if I lived in spokecompton, it's too far from Stevens Pass.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan

I built mine in a day.

I too would be bitter if I lived in spokecompton, it's too far from Stevens Pass.
:rimshot:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2004
Believe me if it was up to me we would be riding already. I know it has taken a long time, but it is what it is. There is a process that we have to go through and the speed is not necesarrily up to us.

All I ask is for everyone to hang in there. We are trying everyday to make this happen as soon as we can.

keep the faith.

Joel
I've been a pass holder up at Stevens for the last 7 seasons... What I gather is that at least 3 things are necessary...
1. a plan
2. permission
3. a budget

We'll see what this winter brings... if this is a repeat of the last el nino winter times will be tough...

If not sign me up... I'll work for next to nothing to help build!... free even