Quantcast

bye bye 6th Ave Electronics

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ex-northeast electronics powerhouse 6th Ave Electronics is going away after 27 years of business.
the owners of the company are close friends of my family and its sad to see them go away, but serious over expansion was their doom

Springfield, N.J. - Troubled A/V specialty chain Sixth Avenue Electronics has been ordered to cease operations under a temporary restraining order issued over the weekend by a U.S. District Court in New Jersey.

The action was brought by GE Commercial Distribution Finance Corp. (CDF), which said the privately-held dealer had defaulted on a floor-planning loan and was disposing of its remaining inventory without repaying its debts.

"If the borrower's actions continue, the remaining collateral may be dissipated, concealed, or sold to innocent third parties," CDF said in court papers.

Sixth Avenue was also ordered to post a $24 million bond and to appear at a hearing in Newark, N.J., on Wednesday.

Pending a liquidation agreement between the two parties, the court could allow CDF to seize Sixth Avenue's estimated $12 million in remaining inventory, along with equipment and fixtures.
http://www.twice.com/article/475012-Sixth_Ave_Ordered_To_Shut_Down.php

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
nope. expanding from a few stores to 20 stores in markets like PA and DE at the start of this recession was their downfall.
there was nothing premeditated about their bankruptcy like there was with The Wiz.
More talking about this:

The action was brought by GE Commercial Distribution Finance Corp. (CDF), which said the privately-held dealer had defaulted on a floor-planning loan and was disposing of its remaining inventory without repaying its debts.
Not exactly kosher.