Quantcast

Bye bye lesbaru, hello new Subaru.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We decided to really branch out on this one. We looked at an Audi A4 Avant, but the rear leg room is abysmal. We looked at a Subaru Outback, but there was just something about it that we didn't like. Wifey didn't want anything bigger and I didn't want an SUV. We realized that she didn't want to give up her car, but I was totally okay with taking her car if she got something else. So, we bought the exact same car. 2010 Subaru Forester XT Limited. The only difference is that the black owne has the navigation system.

I'll be taking the black one from Wifey, as it has more mileage. I'll be getting onto Swift springs, dropping it .75" but stiffening it up a bit. I'll also probably be picking up a set of black wheels (or powder coating the stock) when I replace the current tires with winter rubber. There will be no changes to the power levels. Just some cosmetic and handling bits.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We looked at a Subaru Outback, but there was just something about it that we didn't like.
the lady i worked for in colorado offered to give me her outback over me driving my passat wagon because she didn't trust my car for hauling her dogs around in.....i politely declined.

other than awd.....outbacks have no redeeming qualities.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
the lady i worked for in colorado offered to give me her outback over me driving my passat wagon because she didn't trust my car for hauling her dogs around in.....i politely declined.

other than awd.....outbacks have no redeeming qualities.
Yeah if the cops light you up, just pull over as your probably not going to outrun the cops in a Outback. Good Move.....

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Love my Subaru...and yes, I am a lesbian. I probably have to sell it thins summer, and find a new on (Or maybe a midsized pickup...) when I return stateside...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You posted a picture of your car on the internet without blocking out the license plate number. Aren't you afraid someone is now going to ruin your life with that data?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You posted a picture of your car on the internet without blocking out the license plate number. Aren't you afraid someone is now going to ruin your life with that data?
anyone that knows how to do that probably figures his life is already ruined because of the "his & hers" matching cars

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Funny how color affects perception so greatly. That black one looks much cooler. :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that was more to point out they looked at an outback but didn't want an SUV. when you look at the dimensions posted, it makes a terrifying amount of sense
The comps are all compact SUV's, so not an equal comp. Also, the Outback is a lifted Legacy Wagon. That is it. No more. We would have bought a Legacy wagon no issue. I just don't like how the Outback drives or looks.

You're funny. That can be pulled from any car in any parking lot.

Awesome. Way to play the field, Stoney.
We actually looked at quite a bit. It was the only one that met our needs 'good enough', as the Legacy Wagon is not available in the US. If I am looking at equal cost and equally 'good enough', I'm buying what I know. I can work on it, it's sufficient, and I already know any expected issues that can arise.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
how do you know you have a problem with your head gasket? A buddy of mine has an older Legacy wagon and was saying how it requires a lot more oil than his Honda van... would that have anything to do with a head gasket?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how do you know you have a problem with your head gasket? A buddy of mine has an older Legacy wagon and was saying how it requires a lot more oil than his Honda van... would that have anything to do with a head gasket?
He's burning oil. That's your answer.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Head gaskets do a lot more than consume oil. They are also known to consume antifreeze as well.