Quantcast

bye bye PCL!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So I finally found out what the hell is wrong with my knee. I basically destroyed my PCL. I just got home from the orthopedists office, and he showed me my MRI. He pointed out the ACL and how you can see it clearly and its a nice black line in the picture. Then he pointed to the place my PCL is SUPPOSED to be, and showed me a fragment of it kind of floating around, and the two ends still attached, but nothing in the middle.

He said he doesn't think I need surgery, just lots of PT, and that he'll see me in a month.

I learned my lesson, don't screw around with knees. If you slam you knee in to a rock in a DH race, don't go to a doc in the box and then ignore it. Go to an orthopedist, and don't wait 6 frikken weeks!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
BigMike said:
So I finally found out what the hell is wrong with my knee. I basically destroyed my PCL. I just got home from the orthopedists office, and he showed me my MRI. He pointed out the ACL and how you can see it clearly and its a nice black line in the picture. Then he pointed to the place my PCL is SUPPOSED to be, and showed me a fragment of it kind of floating around, and the two ends still attached, but nothing in the middle.

He said he doesn't think I need surgery, just lots of PT, and that he'll see me in a month.

I learned my lesson, don't screw around with knees. If you slam you knee in to a rock in a DH race, don't go to a doc in the box and then ignore it. Go to an orthopedist, and don't wait 6 frikken weeks!
Uh oh....It's been like 5 months since I whacked my left knee (hard enough to crack the pads' knee cup...)...and I've reinjured it a few times throughout the season.... :eek: I thought it was just fluid buildup that was the problem...!!!!! crap...

I'm calling my doc right freakin' now!!!

Thanks for the kick in the ass!!
G

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Secret Squirrel said:
Uh oh....It's been like 5 months since I whacked my left knee (hard enough to crack the pads' knee cup...)...and I've reinjured it a few times throughout the season.... :eek: I thought it was just fluid buildup that was the problem...!!!!! crap...

I'm calling my doc right freakin' now!!!

Thanks for the kick in the ass!!
G

Yeah, get on that! Sports medicine orthopedists are your friend :cool:

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Please describe the pain and where the pain was coming from.

People I know tend to ignore the pain because the PCL doesn't have the typical ligament damage pain or the loose joint feeling.