Quantcast

C~O~L~O~R~S..................TOMAHAWK TIRES (moto)

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
cc colors cccolors cc color color colors ccc colors

FROM GALLERY

and there are some DIRT bikes
on site for you dirty monkeys

"Tomahawk Tires Make A Statement

Tomahawk Tires, a unique and exciting line of high performance motorcycle tires once found only in Europe are now available in the U.S. Available in blue, green, yellow, red, silver, orange, white and black, Tomahawk Tires are on the cutting edge of style and technology. Tomahawk is the only manufacturer of high performance colored street bike tires in the world with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the UK.

Desser Tire & Rubber Company manufactures the Tomahawk tires in accordance to DOT requirements. Desser is one of the leading aircraft tire suppliers in the world and its high quality standards and technology for high-speed jet tires is carried over to their cycle tires. Tomahawk Tires are held to the same high standards as Desser's tires for fighter jets and military transports. Desser insures Tomahawk's quality by using the same Laser Shearography technology it uses to test its aircraft tires. In Tomahawk tires, high quality rubber compounds and distinctive tread patterns, which provide superb grip and stability, are combined with attention grabbing looks.

Tomahawk uses four different rubber compounds to accommodate every rider's needs. The softest and stickiest formula, Race, is utilized in tires intended for racing and for aggressive riders. Sport, made from a somewhat harder compound, provides maximum grip on the street and longer wear. Mileage is the everyday tough, durable and dependable tire used for commuting, touring and cross-country riding. Colored compounds offer dazzling colors with superb street grip. Tomahawk tires are available for most late model sport bikes.

What more is there to say? Incredible quality, the hottest style and models for every rider's needs. Tomahawk is just the best new statement you can make for your bike."

MORE INFO ABOUT TOMAHAWK VISIT THIS SITE

http://www.cycletires.com

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Adding color means replacing something molecularly in the compound. I.E. worse performance. That is one thing I cant understand, performance sacrificed for looks, in any application.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Adding color means replacing something molecularly in the compound. I.E. worse performance. That is one thing I cant understand, performance sacrificed for looks, in any application.
I remember I liked the Specialized Umma-Gumma line of tires when they came out.

I think they were softer....had more grip. And they were grey(ghey?)

But hey that was a long time ago....:happydance:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I think I might be mixing my descriptions.....

Umm Gumma, was that the yellow rubber the desintigrated on pavement? :D

What was Specialized's grey tires called? :confused:
Umma Gumma was rubber the specialized gray tires were made of. I think tioga had that natural colored rubber they used for a short period of time (after they realized that the tires basically disintigrated with a tiny bit of use).

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Umma Gumma was rubber the specialized gray tires were made of. I think tioga had that natural colored rubber they used for a short period of time (after they realized that the tires basically disintigrated with a tiny bit of use).
Oh OK that was my initial thinking but then started to doubt myself.

I liked the grey tires from Specialized. :D My buddy had those Tioga natural ones and they literally melted on the pavement. A lot like those art erasers you had to get in school. They would just crumble.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm not a tire expert, but carbon black and sulfur are added to the rubber to cross-link it. This makes it tougher and harder. The real cross-linking is done with the sulfur. The carbon black is mostly a hardener and pigment. The Uma Gummas probably had less carbon black added and as a result were pretty soft, and grey. That's just a guess, I'm not exactly sure.

I think that adding pigments would actually make the tire softer, which might not be too bad in an MTB type application. I'm sure the manufacturers very carefully weight the advantages of look over function. A real tire guy would probably tell you it's black magic and all the additives are all proprietary anyway.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'm not a tire expert, but carbon black and sulfur are added to the rubber to cross-link it. This makes it tougher and harder. The real cross-linking is done with the sulfur. The carbon black is mostly a hardener and pigment. The Uma Gummas probably had less carbon black added and as a result were pretty soft, and grey. That's just a guess, I'm not exactly sure.

I think that adding pigments would actually make the tire softer, which might not be too bad in an MTB type application. I'm sure the manufacturers very carefully weight the advantages of look over function. A real tire guy would probably tell you it's black magic and all the additives are all proprietary anyway.
Sometimes I wonder how you keep your brain inside your skull.