Quantcast

CA carb defeated...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
some of you CA people may know the deal here, but to others it ll be a mystery... STUPIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDD CA. carb regulations to make our gas / petrol cans safer... well they are retarded, totally worthless... we can thank the powers that be, ie (gov't) again here... they leak and basically make fuelling ANYTHING (weedeater, blowers etc) a chore... probabally designed with good intention (child saftey ?) nothing but a total loss...

this is the POS plastic junk...

so i couldn t deal with it any longer... modified it and make it functional and leak proof... after some dremel and hacksaw work she turned out like this... ready for a piece of tubing... hopefully ribbed, flexy stuff...

workshop is comin together... new compressor today (15 gal / 1.5 hp / 150psi) and a sweet 4 stroke 32cc weedeater... sears is the shizzzzzzzzee...

if you need a decent compressor with 2 extras goodies (3/8" ratchett and 20 pc kit) included then i suggest you check this out... 200 bones and very sweet..

CA carb: 0 - Australia: 1

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
BurlyShirley said:
WTF? Our gas cans just have nozzels.
yeah, this is some wanky CA law... ya can just drive across to nevada and hook it up (diff lid pouring mech.), but this took me 8 mins...

and maybe 0.90c of tubing tomorrow...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Why not just order a real gas can from out of state? I had the same issue with jerry cans, I ordered some Swiss military surpluss ones that were marked as "display only" but they are fully funtional and legal here in CA. They work great for weed eaters, lawn mowers, and Land Rovers (they use a sh1tload of gas).

Also you need more tools ya n00b.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Look at all your fruit, you're a major toolman now cobber:thumb:;)

tool time biatch... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_Time

the compressor is crook... more than enough power for anything i ll tackle... workshop is the place to be... just needs a 'fridge...

this is what remains of the 20 pc kit (on the right) and the schweeeet 3/8" impact wrench... normally they go for about 50 bones... but it was in the compressor box... win win

phase 1 nears completion...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
My current gas can has a nozzle like that, it's like you press it into the gas tube filler and it spews the gas out. It's not really a safty device or anything but does make it interesting for people who borrow it.

It doesn't spill as much as the cheapy ones do, that was the only reason I got it. Otherwise to me a gas can is a gas can.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Look at all your fruit, you're a major toolman now cobber:thumb:;)
mate, ya should see the collection of toko board / ski tuning tools in the cardboard box... i m dialed except for the occasional base grind / sand... the euros know snow tools... gotta get em when they re cheap... good hook up at the old orifice...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Spunger said:
My current gas can has a nozzle like that, it's like you press it into the gas tube filler and it spews the gas out. It's not really a safty device or anything but does make it interesting for people who borrow it.

It doesn't spill as much as the cheapy ones do, that was the only reason I got it. Otherwise to me a gas can is a gas can.
granted... but the lid / pouring mech. is freakin lame, but why not just put on the old flexy ribbed clearish tubing ????

save money and make it easier for the consumer (to light fires) :redhot:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, OK. But how many Australians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:think: My gas cans just have nozzles. Is this some weird NorCal hippy law or have I just not bought a gas can in a long time?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
:think: My gas cans just have nozzles. Is this some weird NorCal hippy law or have I just not bought a gas can in a long time?
this is the brilliance that awaits you when you purchase a new gas can...

mikeD - 7 7 7

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
partsbara said:
this is the brilliance that awaits you when you purchase a new gas can...

mikeD - 7 7 7
I shall purchase my new gas can via the intarweb from a state less encumbered by "regulations".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You keep up with these enviormentally unfriendly shenanigans, they might just kick you out of the state.:)

The law is there to protect you.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Thanks for letting me know you got your beer in, PHUQUER! I am South of you now, beeeatch, down under, if you will. You are right, it is lunar looking 'round here...