Quantcast

CA Recall Election Options

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just from reading the list and with no knowledge of their personality or background:
Kevin Paffrath or Brandon M. Ross.

No-one with an R.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’d vote green but I feel fairly confident saying it would be a wasted vote in the US, more’s the pity.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Vote no and leave the second option blank
I’ve seen this strategy suggested but I don’t follow why. Assuming one votes no, it seems like also voting the least evil alternative is the way to go in case a majority votes yes.

“Leave it blank,” said Newsom advisor Nathan Click. “Voting no on the recall is the only way to block the Republican power grab and prevent a Republican takeover of California.”

It’s unclear how, exactly, that strategy helps Newsom, since answering the second question will have no bearing on whether Newsom is ousted, and if enough people vote “Yes” on the first question, one of those 46 candidates will be the next governor—even if as few as 20 percent of voters select them.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Who is the Lt. Gov? Explain what one would be trying to achieve here, both for No and Write In.
Ambassador Eleni Kounalakis was sworn in as the 50th Lieutenant Governor of California by Governor Gavin Newsom on January 7th, 2019.

A. Voting "no" still allows you to pick a candidate. In the case that a majority votes "yes" then your section gets counted. In the instance that the majority votes "no" then the candidate selected has no bearing on the outcome. I'm not sure what the blank option achieves other than it looks like you are protesting.

B. Write-in is just for someone not on the ballot (there's something like 46 options). It can't be Gavin. I assume it is a wasted vote as there is no write-in currently in demand by the public voice.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Who is the Lt. Gov? Explain what one would be trying to achieve here, both for No and Write In.
Lt gov as a position is the second in line for the job. Think vice pres (if you're asking what the job is, not the person)
There's actually a movement to write in Kounalakis because since she's the one who has to 'call' the special election, she can't be a formal candidate (a formality, she knows it's BS too).

What one achieves is that there are enough voters who voted for newsom, if they vote for the second in command they show the knuckledraggers they can't subvert the system of a democratically elected position just because they're pissy little babies manipulating a fucked up state law (which this is). The gov't they voted for in the normal democratic process would largely be the gov't they maintain, instead of this minority rule bullshit.

Last edited:

UnusualBread

Chimp
Nov 2, 2020
Seems like No/Paffrath is the best strategy to keep out Elder so that's what I'll be doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Which is why you write in the lieutenant governor as is the system to do regarding succession, regardless of this secondary attempt at insurrection
Weird that that's not being advocated, well, anywhere.

The no/blank option just seems fucking stupid. If Newsom can't be governor does he just hope we get an even bigger piece of shit than him so he can maybe get his job back in a year?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

hm. seems to coincide with polling showing the GOP more likely to lose.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in a normal reality, something like that going public the night before an election would murder a candidates chances of winning, or at the very least undermine any allegations of fraud.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
in a normal reality, something like that going public the night before an election would murder a candidates chances of winning, or at the very least undermine any allegations of fraud.

In Republican reality that is just called 'motivating the base' (lowest common denominator)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle