Quantcast

Cadillac SRX

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody have or spent considerable time in one of these? They're going for (used) within my price range...so I'm keeping my eye out.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Buy the v6 if you buy one.

PS i wouldn't buy one.

I have heard that Northstar makes some of the sh!ttiest engines around.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
First you make a thread about Glucosamine/Condroitin and now Cadillac's? Come on Grandpa:p

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My 75yo father in law likes his. V6 has plenty of power (they live at 8k feet), been trouble free for 50K+ miles etc. They hold a lot of stuff too, we take his bird hunting with a couple of dogs etc and have room to spare. My only dislike is different front/rear tire sizes but that's minor.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
stop it you guys...i'm going to cry in my geritol if you keep it up.

I just want a decent bike hauler that's not awful to look at.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife wanted one until I showed her the Nissan Murano. We might end up getting the Nissan Rouge instead, but it's a few months out before we make a final call.

The CVT transmission in the Nissan is awesome.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
True, but my price range is up to 20k.

I really really like the 2.5xt sports forester...it's roomy and fast...but they won't be in my price range until 3 years from now. I was looking at the CX7, but it's gas mileage doesn't justify the expense. I'm looking at an allroad as well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
True, but my price range is up to 20k.

I really really like the 2.5xt sports forester...it's roomy and fast...but they won't be in my price range until 3 years from now. I was looking at the CX7, but it's gas mileage doesn't justify the expense. I'm looking at an allroad as well.
We started with the CX7, that's what lead her to the Rouge and Murano. A slightly used Murano goes for about $17k well stocked. Rouges are still a bit new to market for me, but the one she liked was $28k.

The gas mileage in the Rouge is awesome.