Quantcast

Cafe Culture Downunder

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pansies...

"Furthermore, the Australian and New Zealand markets are unique in that the espresso based coffees are nearly always served with milk - approximately 98%, compared to 5% milk based coffees in Italy.":plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Did you ever try the peoples coffee in Newtown while you were down here? :drool:
It's (IMO) the best of the local roaster's :thumb:
Where? I don't drink a lot of coffee. Anyplace I had a flat white, even an average place, was good. I don't know what the name is in US for the same coffee beverage, I wish I did. The only place I've been with better coffee is Costa Rica. I almost never drink coffee in the US, especially now that I've been getting acid reflux more often. I think there must be some food processing ingredient thats in most of the food here that bothers me, I never get reflux when I'm out of the country:huh:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Nope. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, so I usually only had coffee if it came with the meal - I don't usually go to coffee bars.

I can't recall the name, but one of my favorite cafes was that vegetarian place near that large old movie theatre. The name escapes me. I heard they opened a second location, but never went to the second location.