Quantcast

>>>caffinated Wednesderp GMT<<<

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
After work ride angered the back gods.
Nice to get out but humidity sucked.
My bike was not enjoying the low speed tech trails, the suspensions just not set up for that type of riding.
Good time in any event, smashed lots of rocks, sweated out my sins and avoided another dinner with in-laws.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Setup my old bike last night with a front derailleur. I cannot remember the last time I had to setup a front derailleur. Anyway, both bikes are loaded on the truck as my older brother flies into town this morning and I'm playing hooky so we can get out and ride Buff Creek. So many wins!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ride night has been switched to tonight. it's going to be dry and dusty. I'm going to drag ass since my kid was up for an hour last night and I woke at a quarter to 6. :dead:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Kids up early, demanding attention and food. At least early was 6:10 or so: could be worse.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mornin!

Setup my old bike last night with a front derailleur. I cannot remember the last time I had to setup a front derailleur. Anyway, both bikes are loaded on the truck as my older brother flies into town this morning and I'm playing hooky so we can get out and ride Buff Creek. So many wins!
Tell Matt I said hi.

Finished the edging/weeding last night for the last portion of my property to be completely re-landscaped. ~1,500 sq ft of landscape fabric to be put down tonight. 10 yards of stone to be delivered tomorrow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies. Today I have reserved time at the LBS to help me dial in neutral for my bikes, the last shock I had was a coil and it was super easy to set, my last fork was also coil and even easier to dial in. I have not done well with the Sid or Fox 32, the Pike was very easy to set up but left me dissatisfied my results on the other 2. If there is time left I'm going to see if I can get a quick primer on the bleeding of the brakes. Then I am going to ride the Giggle Pig until my legs shut down. That's about 2.5 hours. :)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work. Hoping to get in a run with Layla tonight. That is all.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a good day today. Getting a hang of this whole deal and have even made some serious progress and it is still my first month. I'd better slow down before I set realistic expectations. Morning meeting canceled, so already its a good day.

Moar coffee indeed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
courtesy post/dump....oh it is going to be hot...

nice run of shows the next two weeks

black mountain
sleep
stone roses
nothing
jp harris

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Starting to get some real speed into the road bike. 23.5 miles with 22.7 mph average. Road more after that but at a slower pace to cool down. Still behind last years best times but getting close. I just need a little more endurance but I also don't want strain something just to go a little faster.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Morning 5k with dog#3. Need to get out and catch up with yard work. It's a jungle out there what with us being gone camping two weekends in a row. Just as well too. Not sure what I did but wife is on the fucking war path this morning. :confused:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Working here. The heat is starting to creep in again. Tonight is the premier of Not2bad here in Yakistan. Going to try and avoid copious amounts of fruit so I may enjoy the show... and others around me may enjoy it also.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from the LBS. Turns out I had the Sid about right for local conditions but was running the other 2 way too soft at both ends. Curb hucking and barrier rolling in parking lot before and after adjustments were promising. I was running 200 to 210 in the rear, we settled on 250 for both GT and Yeti. Now I'm off to ride the Giggle Pig for a few hours.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Todays ride was the best so far on the Yeti, running the rear end too soft with slow rebound was my issue. Increased psi and faster rebound virtually eliminated pedal bob and I don't think I clipped the pedals once. Stiffer suspension also makes the bike easier to handle on twisty single track. I also learned how to bust a Nobby Nic rear tire loose and almost crapped my pants before it dug in again. Much success. Tomorrow I'll take the GT out for the same ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just one more day of this crap at work. Yesterday I was there from 7am-10pm. Got here today at 6am and am most likely leaving at 10pm, again. Then have to be back here tomorrow morning at 6am.

FTS.

And I'm out of bongshed materials.

FTS.

And I'm missing tonights group ride.

FTS.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rolling to Angel Fire, NM for the ProGRT with a cooler of beer, a couple bicycles, and no time we gotta be home, in this Audacious piece of machinery:

With these bad dudes:

Lap of luxury, tell you what:

I predict shenanigans.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
15 miles this evening, I lead a group of fast skilled riders. You know you had fun in the rocks when your average heart rate gets above 140bpm and everyone finishes tired and thirsty.