Quantcast

Cal-State Woodward.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Anyone? I know Merr is going...And TJ, I'll let you know. You gotta shower though(and no furry handcuffs). I guess I am qurious as to the amount of people actually going, and what the course is gonna be like..ect.
I think most of the Soutridge regular gang is going. The course is pretty twisty from what i've heard and no wooden stunts.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'll be going, as far as lodging arrangements, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. But I'll figure something out.

I'm gonna talk to Dan-O and Stephanie, to see if they are going, and see about splitting a room with them or find someone else to room up with.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
well i guess i am going now... just got talked into doing an article about it for Decline... so no shooting photos of xc riders in spandex. bummer. haha
i can't find anything about camping or whatnot.... i donno if you'd be allowed to on woodward property... might just get a hotel room.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
Roger and I will be there. We are staying in the Woodward Lodge. Trying to get information about the whole thing is like squeezing blood out of a turnip.

The Lodge has King/Queen + sofa bed rooms at the top of the hill and small rooms down at the bottom of the hill. If you mention that you are racing you get the "Group Price". $90 for the big rooms, $80 for the small rooms. The Lodge is 1 mile from the race course. Tehachip is about 20 minutes away.

For information on Woodward West lodging call the Lodge front desk at 661-822-5581. They open at 9am.
If they don't answer the Main office is 661-822-7900.

Den Mother

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
Any word on what the course is like? Do they have access to much elevation out there? The only pics that I've seen of the area looks like a short grassy hillside.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
Lots of rumors circulating, the real scoop is a secret. :-)

We've heard the dirt is like Fontana. There is supposed to be some berms and jumps and possibly 2 courses. Don't think they will include the stunts due to liability. The course is not actually finished yet and there are no pictures.

They are supposed to open the hangar for riding Saturday night to the tune of $40 per person (ouch).

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Rabie told us that the course will start on top and goes through the slopestyle course with bail out lines for non-sloestylers and then onto the bmx track to the finish. PM Rabie for pics he took from this weekend. We're so there.

R

Rabie

Rabie told us that the course will start on top and goes through the slopestyle course with bail out lines for non-sloestylers and then onto the bmx track to the finish. PM Rabie for pics he took from this weekend. We're so there.
The best part is the half-pipe finish, but they're still not sure about how they're going to score points, and then translate that into time deductions/penalties. Pegboy is going to be one of the judges --PM him for details.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
The best part is the half-pipe finish, but they're still not sure about how they're going to score points, and then translate that into time deductions/penalties. Pegboy is going to be one of the judges --PM him for details.

i'm sorry, but you fools have it wrong.... although it does shoot you into the dirt jumps, then half pipe... you then need to put on your inline skates & hit the skate park if you are interested in the woodward/fontana overall championship!:imstupid:

on a serious note... anyone heard about camping there... i think a crew of us are gonna head up & camp, rather than hotel it..

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I reserved a room at the B.W. also, but i'm gonna call the lodge and have them put my name on the list in case another vacancy opens.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
i'm not sure if it is open to the public but there might be cabins available...you would have to sleep with a bunch of other smelly guys but it could be real cost effective if you get a group to go in on a cabin....you might want to call camp to see if they are renting for the weekend.

1-661-822-7900

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
Called Woodward yesterday regarding food. They will be selling food (they didn't specify what) on Saturday and Sunday during lunch time. In addition the bar will be open from 8pm-12pm.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Any info on the course/s?? :biggrin:
i have an idea where it will run, but i'm not sure exactly, so i'm not going to say much..it will be short no doubt.....there isn't much elevation up there, but it is a fun location.
If this event is well supported it will show Woodward that there is reason to keep growing the MTB program up there....when you see the hills potential with the property being private with ample insurance coverage, this place can be a great place to go ride on weekends.

i know there has been discussion at camp of how to create weekend programs for riders to come up and ride....they just need to know that it makes sense to start a program like that.

here is an e-mail i copied from Debbie at camp:
No camping/overnight parking in Stallion Springs.

Indian Hill Campground
661 822 6613

Mountain Valley RV Park
661 822 1213

Riding in the Hangar
Friday 8-10 ($10)
Saturday 7-11 ($20)

No drinking or smoking on camp property.

Lounge open
Friday, Saturday 5 to midnight
Sunday 5 to 7

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
also there will be a grill on site cooking burgers and hot dogs both days,

there is a pizza place about a half mile down the street from camp and as well.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
and even more info, i guess there is still some rooms at the lodge these are the details

Hilltop
Bunk Rooms
No bedding, no towels
$65/night
4 people max.

dezul43

Monkey
May 15, 2006
san diego
the run with gavin williamson on the 4-wheeler was one of the highlights of my weekend. right up there with my 6th place finish in 27-34 expert. good to finally meet you winston......