Quantcast

Calcific Tendonitis

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I've been having some pain in my middle finger on both hands, suspected it could be tendonitis. I saw the doc today, and she tells me it is 'calcific overuse tendonitis'. She took a look at my hands, and goes, "These calluses tell the whole story." And then she tells me I could try stationary biking, because there is really no treatment for it.

I think I'm going to see another doctor. Major bummer.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Not sure if I have the same thing. They call mine "trigger finger" My finger to the right of the middle sticks. When I close my hand and open it, that finger stays closed untill the others are straight and then flings open like a switch blade. Its messed up. Its usually reaal bad in the morning and gradually loosens as the day goes on.

I am trying to find work thats not so physical, so at least it gets a break during the day. Sure as hell am not going to ride a stationary bike.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I've been having some pain in my middle finger on both hands, suspected it could be tendonitis. I saw the doc today, and she tells me it is 'calcific overuse tendonitis'. She took a look at my hands, and goes, "These calluses tell the whole story." And then she tells me I could try stationary biking, because there is really no treatment for it.

I think I'm going to see another doctor. Major bummer.
could it be computer-related repetitve strain injury (RSI), and not biking?