Quantcast

Calling all monkies (recipe requests: fast and easy)

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Dead stupid simple, but good without much work:

Dragon Boat (name stolen from a similar dish at the Naam restruant in Vancouver, but I think they do a miso sauce)

Peanut butter (2 or 3 large scoops)
Soy sauce (or Ume Plum Vinegar)
Tobasco Sauce (to taste)
H2O (1 cup)

Mix in a pot on low heat to make a yummy peanut sauce (it will liquefy, then thicken). Stir often.

Rice (brown or white, your choice)
carrots
greens (lettuce, spinach, kale, whatever)
onion
any other raw veggie you have around

Chop the veggies (the onions work best in half circles)
In a bowl, lay down a few greens, then some rice, then some sauce, then raw veggies, then more sauce
Enjoy!

The best part about this one is you can make it with almost anything. I've added coconut milk to the sauce, jalepenos, all kinds of veggies, cilantro. (I tried cashew butter instead of peanut butter one time, but it wasn't that good). Whatever. Experiment.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
A recipe that I've used for a while that is super easy and really good is Beef Oscar. It's really good and the guy that told me how to make it said it was "guarantied to get you laid." :sneaky:

A 6-8oz Filet Mignon for every person being served. (bacon wrapped if you like)
Hollandaise sauce (I just get a Knorr mix)
Flaked crab meat. fake or real. I use fake most of the time
Asparagus - This is kind of optional. I like asparagus so I make a big batch and serve it as a side with the steaks.

Prepare the hollandaise sauce and keep it warm. Steam the asparagus to al dente. Grill the steaks to whatever level you like. Put the steak in the middle of the plate to serve and lay a couple spears of asparagus on two sides of it to kind of divide it in thirds and keep the hollandaise sauce from running everywhere. Stack crab meat on top of the steak, maybe put some random pieces on the plate around the steak if you like. Pour hollandaise on top of the steak until it is covered and has some extra on the sides. If you are serving asparagus as a side it's good if you drizzle some more hollandaise on the asparagus. If you don't like asparagus find some other side. I've also made zucchini/squash with a balsamic vinegar reduction. Then make some mashed potatoes or something for the other side. I have made roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and that goes nicely. Just roast some garlic and then mash it into potatoes with a little sour cream and milk.

:drool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm not all fancy like some of you when it comes to cooking, but I tried something for the first time the other night and it came out pretty good. Essentially it's "Shake 'n Bake" chicken I guess, but I think it tastes way better than the stuff they sell in the store.

-Take 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts.
-In a bowl, mix up 1/2 cup mayonaise and 1/4 cup grated parmasean cheese.
-On a seperate plate spread out about 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs.

Coat the outside of the chicken in the mayo/cheese mixture, and then roll it around in the bread crumbs until outside is covered.

Bake at 425 for 25 mins.

I served it with some stove top stuffing and peas. It was good. :)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
jdcamb said:
The real Buffalo wing recipe. I grew up on the east side. Every tavern made them the same. 15 cleaned up wings whichever you prefer. I use Purdue. Heat Goldeneaze or any other frying oil up to 375. While the oil is getting hot mix up 2 parts Franks Red Hot sauce to 1 part butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Throw the wings into the hot oil for 10/12 minutes or until golden. Throw the wings into the sauce and splash 'em around. Plate them. If you plate them "dry" they are mild, "wet" they are hot. They go great with a Lager....jdcamb
That's the sh!t! I grew up down in Hamburg and my first job was in Jacobi's Pizzeria on Camp Road. Though there the ratio of butter to sauce determined hot, medium, or mild. Serve 'em with Bleu Cheese dressing not Ranch like they do down here in the South.

Mike

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Crust:
1 c warm water
1 package dry yeast (about 2 teaspoons)
3 c flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Combine warm water and yeast in a large bowl, let stand 5 minutes. Add flour, sugar, and salt, stir to form a dough. Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Add small amounts of flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking to hands. Put the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, cover and let rise in a warm place for an hour, or until doubled in size.

Pesto:
1/3 c minced fresh basil
1/4 c minced fresh parsley (italian flatleaf)
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, quartered
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/3 c olive oil

Put it in a blender or food processor and mix it up on low.

After risen, dump the dough on to a lightly floured surface and punch it a couple of times to deflate it. Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with cooking spray and flatten the dough out to roughly 10" x 15". Spread the pesto on the dough leaving 1 inch all around the border. Add toppings, I used a grated moz., romano, asiago cheese blend, pepperoni, and roasted red peppers, but do what you want: mushrooms, olives, whatever. Roll it up and press the seam to seal it. Place it on the pan seam side down and turn the ends under and press to seal. Cut four small slits across the top, and let everything stand for another 15-30 minutes. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray (or butter :drool: ) and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. When finished, slice it like you would a loaf of bread and you get a nice green/red/white spiral. :)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Seared Ahi with Sesame Ginger Broccoli

Needed
Ahi Steaks
Wasabi
Soy Sauce
Sesame Seeds
Broccoli Florets
Ginger
Lemon

Broccoli:
Brown Sesame Seeds for Broccoli in skillet. Remove and place aside. Cut up broccoli in bite-size pieces with an inch or two of stem. In two cm of water let it boil until al'dente, turn often to avoid browning it(keeps the nice green look). When well cooked reserve the broccoli water and add FINELY shredded ginger to the skillet and the sesame seeds. Add one cm of water and cook for 10 minutes continuing to stir and turn often. Add a splash of soy sauce and some lemon.

Ahi:
Make mixture out of the soy sauce and wasabi, mix it smooth and brush over ahi steaks. Sprinkle a good amount of Sesame seeds over both sides. In hot pan sear for no more than 2 minutes on each side. Slice thin(sharp knife is a must) and serve with a Soy/wasabi dipping sauce.

Yummy.

The Ito

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good side dish, but would probably make a good main dish too:

Porcini rice

1 T olive oil
2 large garlic cloves
2 celery stalks finely chopped
2 med carrots finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1 oz. dried porcinis
2 cups beef stock
2 cups rice of your choice
1 t herbs de Provence

Soak porcinis for about 10 minutes in 2 cups hot water. Chip porcinis & strain liquid through coffee filter - reserve soak water.

Saute garlic, celery, carrots, and onion over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add rice, cook for a couple minutes. Add porcinis. Pour in stock & reserved porcini soak. Add herbs. Salt & pepper to taste. Add enough water to cook rice. Cook until rice is done.

-S.S.-

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
You Need 1 chilled pint glass.
Pour in 1/2 pint V8
Pour in 1|2 Pint of Budwieser (or any Lager)
1 drop tabasco
Stir
Drink
repeat :stupid:

Yeik

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
made thisone up while beeing hungry and having just scratch in the fridge a few days ago.. they taste yum the first 10-15, after that i started getting sick

Yeik's Toasts

2 onions (anyone but garlic)
2 tomatoes
Some kind of cheese (we have a kind of fresh-cheese called philadelphia in sweden, dunno if u have that in the US, you could try using feta, just don't use "normal" cheese, in that case skip the cheese instead)

A bit of oliveoil
A bit of red-wine-vinegear (spelling?)
black pepper (the more the merrier)
salt

And for the actual toasts u need bread and oliveoil that you mix with crushed garlic.

Put the garlic-oil on the bread and put in oven, you'll need about.. 15 toasts maybe

chop onions and tomatoes into tiny bits

mix all ingredients except cheese, put about half a deciliter of oil in there, and then vinegear by taste

put cheese on hot garlic-toast, then put union/tomato-goo on that

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey what about crapes man crapes are awsome you can but anything in it and they taste soooooooooooo good.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK, this is not the least bit healthy. But it's easy to make and it tastes awesome. I call it "pain dip". All you need is a crockpot and a knife.

Ingredients:

2 Small Velveeta Blocks
1 normal sized can - Cream of Mushroom Soup Concentrate
1 little can - Diced Green Chilis
Some Jalapeno "wheels" (however many you can handle)
1 big can - Whole Canned Tomatoes

Cut the Velveeta up so it will melt and mix better.

Drain the Canned Tomatoes and cut them up into nice chunks.

Drain the juice from the Jalapeno wheels. This is important! Not doing this will alter the consistency of the dip in a way you won't like.

Mix it all together in a crock pot. Heat on "high" until melted, stirring occasionally. Once melted, switch heat to "low".

One batch of dip is usually enough for 2 large bags of tortilla chips. The dip is almost, but not quite as good re-heated. Microwaving seems to produce better re-heating results than the crock pot.

***** IMPORTANT *****
While at the store, you may notice that Velveeta makes 3 different varieties of cheese: Normal, Mild Mexican, and Hot Mexican. Varying the type of Velveeta is a good way to control how spicy the dip will be. A good place to start would be one Normal and one Mild Mexican. Warning: Dip made with two Hot Mexican Velveetas is VERY hot!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Echo said:
OK, this is not the least bit healthy. But it's easy to make and it tastes awesome. I call it "pain dip". All you need is a crockpot and a knife.

Ingredients:

2 Small Velveeta Blocks
1 normal sized can - Cream of Mushroom Soup Concentrate
1 little can - Diced Green Chilis
Some Jalapeno "wheels" (however many you can handle)
1 big can - Whole Canned Tomatoes

Cut the Velveeta up so it will melt and mix better.

Drain the Canned Tomatoes and cut them up into nice chunks.

Drain the juice from the Jalapeno wheels. This is important! Not doing this will alter the consistency of the dip in a way you won't like.

Mix it all together in a crock pot. Heat on "high" until melted, stirring occasionally. Once melted, switch heat to "low".

One batch of dip is usually enough for 2 large bags of tortilla chips. The dip is almost, but not quite as good re-heated. Microwaving seems to produce better re-heating results than the crock pot.

***** IMPORTANT *****
While at the store, you may notice that Velveeta makes 3 different varieties of cheese: Normal, Mild Mexican, and Hot Mexican. Varying the type of Velveeta is a good way to control how spicy the dip will be. A good place to start would be one Normal and one Mild Mexican. Warning: Dip made with two Hot Mexican Velveetas is VERY hot!
I've seen a variation on that which includes a can of Hormel chili instead of the CoM soup. :drool:

Oh - throw in a little habanero too for some kick. :sneaky:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
MunkeeHucker said:
You Need 1 chilled pint glass.
Pour in 1/2 pint V8
Pour in 1|2 Pint of Budwieser (or any Lager)
1 drop tabasco
Stir
Drink
repeat :stupid:
Mmm, BuddyMarys.
I prefer Spicy Bloody Mary mix to V8 though.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
grill some chicken with green anaheim chilies, then get some black beans going, some white rice a little fresh chunky salsa, and some faroffa-it's brazilian so that was a phonetic spelling- then pour a Brahma beer into a well frosted pedro's or magura pint glass and badda-bing badda-boom instant Brazilian plate lunch high on carbs low on fat, and chicks dig it because you look health conciuse and well traveled even if you're like me and can't spell worth crap

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
A Fave of mine.....
Limoncello Baked Chicken with Zucchini 'Spaghetti'

4 x 180g corn-fed chicken breasts with skin, wing bone attached
8 garlic cloves
pared rind and juice of 2 large lemons
6 sprigs lemon thyme
1 cup (250ml) Bella Verde Limoncello
50g unsalted butter
2 tblsp olive oil
Zucchini spaghetti
30g unsalted butter
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 each large green and yellow zucchini, cut into very thin matchsticks
2 tblsp hopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tblsp lemon juice

Method
Place chicken in a non-metallic dish with garlic, rind and juice, and thyme. Add limoncello, cover and chill for 1 hour.
To make zucchini, heat butter and oil in a frypan over medium heat, add garlic and zucchini and stir for 6-8 minutes until just cooked through. Add parsley and lemon juice and season. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 180&#176;C. Heat butter and oil in a large heavy-based frypan over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade reserving marinade) and brown for 2-3 minutes each side. Place skin-side up on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Return frypan to medium heat, add reserved marinade (including garlic and herbs) and stir for 5 minutes to reduce. Remove chicken from oven and rest for 5 minutes. Place on a serving plate, pour over sauce and serve with zucchini.

i got a few i make in the dorm on a weekly basis.

thai curry

cook up some protein (we bread tofu chunks, and pan fry chicken thighs with salt and pepper) set aside. In a sauce pot on med heat put two big spoons of peanut or cashew butter. add to that a tablespoon of thai red curry paste (asian isle at the grocery store). melt them together and as they emulse together slowly add a can of coconut milk. sirachi (cock sauce) to control the heat. serve with the meat or tofu, and broccoli on rice. we generally make it so hot that it burns your hoop the next day. sauce congeals into a semi-solid when put in the fridge, so it's awesome on top ramen if you drain the broth.

tear gas:

drain and rinse a can of black beans. heat with a can of refried beans and a quarter jar of trader joe's picante salsa. when piping hot, add a bunch of shredded cheese. eat it with chips. do not eat around girls.

Wordbiker

Chimp
Apr 18, 2006
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
If you're tired of lasagna, this is a spicy alternative:

Ingredients vary according to how many pans you plan to fill and your tastes, but I recommend making an extra pan for a neighbor. They'll lend you things ever afterwards. ;)

Season chicken with your preferred spices, cook and shred chicken breast, set aside.

Prepare a standard white sauce (jarred Alfredo works fine) adding Parmesan, Romano or any other Italian dry cheese you prefer.

Shred more cheeses like Mozzarela, Prosciutto, etc.

Mix Ricotta cheese with egg, adding nonfat cottage cheese for a leaner dish or to stretch.

Wet bottom of glass lasagna pan with white sauce and layer noodles (uncooked is fine, they'll cook anyway), then layer chicken, chilies, white sauce, noodles and shredded cheeses, alternating until the pan is full. Save enough sauce to cover the top and sprinkle a bit of dried cheeses or even a little paprika for color.

Bake that sucker til it's bubbling, and let it cool.

Consume and enjoy with some greens that make you feel less guilty about eating all that tasty cheese. The dish has a nice kick due to the green chilies and really wakes up your tastebuds.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
bonless chicken breasts
eggs
and italian bread crumbs

1. slice boneless chicken into pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
2. break raw eggs into tin pan.
3. pour bread crumbs into another.

1a. Take chicken slices and coat them in egg.
2a. Then take the coated chicken and coat it in bread crumbs.
3a. Put this in a frying pan with some olive oil. cook. and enjoy.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
kraft macaronni(sp?) and cheese
bacons bits

1. cook macaronni (sp?)
2. add cheese
3. stir
4. drop in large amount of bacon bits (the real ones not the fake)
5. put pepper and enjoy.

simple

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
FBTMILF said:
bonless chicken breasts
eggs
and italian bread crumbs

1. slice boneless chicken into pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
2. break raw eggs into tin pan.
3. pour bread crumbs into another.

1a. Take chicken slices and coat them in egg.
2a. Then take the coated chicken and coat it in bread crumbs.
3a. Put this in a frying pan with some olive oil. cook. and enjoy.

I like this one alot

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
chicodude said:
Okay, I need to know some fairly easy, but tasty recipies. Whataya got? Just post whatever good recipies you have :thumb:
Okay, I'll bite.

GET IT! I'll BITE!?

Okay here's a good one for you. Actually I have too many to list here. Seeing I am italian decent, I can cook extremely well. Although I do cook Chinese, Mexican, and roll my own Sushi at home as well as italian.

If anyone want's to try out my Italian recipe for an incredible italian tomatoe sauce pasted down three generations, just pm me or say so here.

In the meantime, here is a quick FISH DISH!

Take a large size peice of fresh raw salmon.

In a glass or pyrex dish, put a these incredients.

1/2 stick of butter
1/2 to 2/3 cup of Orange Juice
1 tablespoon of honey

Melt 1/2 stick of butter, then put in OJ and honey. Lay Fish in the pyrex raw side first to get sauce on it, then flip over onto scale side so scale side is down.

Bake at 400 degrees for twenty minutes.

Open after ten minutes, baste the fish with the juice.

You can also drizzle a little honey over the fish and add a tablespoon of OJ in after it's done to give it a really stronger flavor. This makes a very light Honey OJ sauce that combined with the butter and honey it begins to carmel-ize and get thick.

That's it. It's simple and very good. Let me know what you think. Use a large piece of fish to feed two people. The sauce can stay the same. No need to cut back on a smaller piece of fish. Serve with green beans and butter or a salad. Sorry I don't eat starches too much these days. I'm cutting up.

If you want more, let me know. I make a KILLER London Broil with worstershire, honey, garlic, soy sauce and sugar. THAT is one of my favorites.

Other of my specialties, are

Shrimp in Lobster Sauce. (chinese)
Chicken Chow Mein (chinese)
Sweet and Sour Pork (chinese)

Mexican
Shrimp Quasedillas
Home Made Gordita Crunches (just like Taco Bell)

Italian
Bow Ties in a Northern Sauce. (it's a lighter sauce than tomatoe sauce. More chunky tomatoes, less sauce.)
Spagetti/Shells/Bow Ties in Tomatoe Sauce.
Shrimp Scampi (garlic/butter/wine... very fast and easy to make)
Shrimp Creole. (my favorite)
Shrimp Newburg or Thermadore. (creamy cheese sauce)

(I got a meat ball recipe to die for but it's lengthy to list here and time consuming. You said fast.)

That's just a few of my specialty dishes.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Okay this one is the one to seal the deal. It's messy cleanup but if you make it for your date, she'll LOVE it.

1) Steam the Asparagus.

2) In a large bowl, put one or two eggs well beaten.

3) On a plate, put Italian Bread Crumbs.
(If you DONT HAVE ANY, just use regular bread crumbs and sprinkle Oregano in the bread crumbs.

4) In a frying pan, put in Olive Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil. DONT USE REGULAR OIL! The olive oil adds to the taste.

Now here we go.

Take Asparagus after cooked, put in eggs and coat well.
Put Asparagus into bread crumbs, then
Put Asparagus into the hot olive oil. Cook until golden brown turning them over as they get cooked on one side. Use MEDIUM to Medium High heat and WATCH over them cuz they cook fast.

Drain on paper town.

Deep Fried Asparagus. Mmmmmm! Crunchy outside, chewy inside and DEEE-LICIOUS!!!:drool:

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
This is Spaghetti Alio Olio or Spaghetti in Water and Oil

Here are your ingredients.

Spaghetti
4 cloves Garlic + or - I like a lot.
Olive Oil reg or extra virgin
Fresh Grated Romano or Parmasian Cheese
Salt
Pepper
Water

Boil spaghetti like you normally would, only DONT THROUGH OUT THE WATER!!!! KEEP IT!!! You'll need it!

Cut up about four cloves of garlic 1/16 inch thick (not paper thin). Use the slight Emerald ''smash" on top the clove with the side of a knife to break the outter part of the garlic to peel it. I use more though.

While the water's boiling the spaghetti,

In a separate pot, pour about a half cup to a cup of OLIVE OIL! (No other oil substitutes! Olive Oil only)

Turn up to high heat to heat oil to cook garlic. AS SOON as the oil starts to cook garlic IMMEDIATELY turn heat down or take it off burner and let it simmer to golden brown. The oil will continue to cook in the hot oil. Trust me...

(Don't burn it. DARK brown to burnt will mess up the flavor.)

When spaghetti is done, LEAVE IT IN THE WATER!!!

Take bowls, and with a fork, (the kind you eat with, not ride with), put some spaghetti in each bowl.

Then ADD the spaghetti water JUST so you see it start to come through the top of the spaghetti.

Then add the olive oil mixture with garlic to the bowl.
Put LOTS of salt and LOTS of pepper on top and mix.

You can also sprinkle in some fresh grated parmasian cheese or Pecorino Romano cheese grated on it.

It is GudillygudillyGUUUD!!!

If you are quitting your job the next day and want to offend your boss, eat this the night before and DON'T brush your teeth.

:D
bon appetite!

these things rock, i'm 14 and have been making them for years,
heres my recipe:

in a large mixing bowl, mix together:
32oz. pkg. of ricotta cheese
8oz. shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup of parmesan
2 eggs
1tbsp. chopped cilantro
1/2 tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. pepper
and a dash of nutmeg

while you are mixing these ingredients, boil the pasta shells

fill the shells with the mix and lay them in a casserole dish. cover with pasta sauce and shredded parmesan.
cook in oven for 30min. @ 350

enjoy,
4 of these things will most likely fill you up, and they're delicious.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Miso Soup and Rice:

Soup:

1 large cup water just off (post) the boil, 1 heaped tablespoon of Miso paste (variety dependant on season; winter = darker)

Light:
Darker:

+ Your choice (or not) of stuff like diced spring onion, seaweed, bonito mixed flakes, tofu, Nanami Togarashi (Chili powder, orange peel and sesame seasoning):

or even a bit of teriyaki chicken or steak if you have more time or need protein.

Mix Miso paste into water thoroughly, add extras and voila:

Rice:

As much boiled short grain rice as you like, using a rice cooker for preference.

Mmm Shortgrain rice is so much nicer than medium and long.

15 mins which is while you wait for the rice to cook. Soup takes 5 mins tops.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I just made this last night after long-ass hike:

• Bag of frozen stir-fry veggies
  • Any other fresh vegetables you may want to add.
  • clove of garlic
  • sesame or peanut oil (or EVOO)
  • firm or extra firm tofu
  • ground or chopped flax seeds
  • soy sauce and/or hot chili sauce

Heat up a wok (or big pan) with sesame oil. Toss in tofu and brown on all sides; take it out and set it aside. Toss in some more oil if needed and a clove or so of minced garlic; saute for about 30 seconds and pour in half a bag (or as much as you want) of frozen veggies and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.

Add tofu, some chili sauce, flax seeds, and any other fresh veggies you want. Stir fry all this for another 3 or 4 minutes and you're all good!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I'm not all fancy like some of you when it comes to cooking, but I tried something for the first time the other night and it came out pretty good. Essentially it's "Shake 'n Bake" chicken I guess, but I think it tastes way better than the stuff they sell in the store.

-Take 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts.
-In a bowl, mix up 1/2 cup mayonaise and 1/4 cup grated parmasean cheese.
-On a seperate plate spread out about 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs.

Coat the outside of the chicken in the mayo/cheese mixture, and then roll it around in the bread crumbs until outside is covered.

Bake at 425 for 25 mins.

I served it with some stove top stuffing and peas. It was good. :)
Mayo?

Try using egg whites instead. Less fat and it works just as well as a sticking agent.

I'll add in the veggie chili I've been cooing recently. Prep to eat time is about an hour.

30 oz tomato sauce
15 oz crushed tomatoes
1-2 large zucchini, sliced
1 medium white onion, diced
1 ear of corn, kernels sliced off the ear
1 jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2-3 TBS Chili Powder
1-2 TBS Ground Cumin
15 oz can Cannelinni Beans
15 oz can Garbonzo Beans
15 oz can Red Kidney Beans
1 tsp black pepper

Large pot, insert pepper, onion, garlic and cook until it gets decently soft. Throw in the rest of the veggies and let them cook for 10 minutes or so, stirring. Add sauce, beans, and spices. Bring to boiling, then reduce and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes. Longer if desired.

Great as dinner, breakfast, or lunch.

The Ito

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
my "own" version of huevos rancheros - great pre-ride/hike/whatever breakfast

good quality flour tortillas (i have to search up here in Yankee land but have found that Shaws, esp the Whole Foods incorporated, have good ones)

refried beans (i just buy the old el paso with green chilis - plenty low in fat)

fat free/low fat/or regular grated cheese of your choice

good quality salsa (see above - lately i've been digging La Costena)

eggs

spread refried beans on flour tortilla and sprinkle with cheese - place under broiler - WATCH CAREFULLY - they'll burn quick!

fry up eggs (i serve two per tortilla)

once all is cooked, douse broiled tortilla with salsa then slap the fried eggs (i prefer over easy) on top

ok, may sound kinda gross, but it is GOOD! :drool: