Quantcast

Calling all monkies (recipe requests: fast and easy)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
A recipe that I've used for a while that is super easy and really good is Beef Oscar. It's really good and the guy that told me how to make it said it was "guarantied to get you laid." :sneaky:

A 6-8oz Filet Mignon for every person being served. (bacon wrapped if you like)
Hollandaise sauce (I just get a Knorr mix)
Flaked crab meat. fake or real. I use fake most of the time
Asparagus - This is kind of optional. I like asparagus so I make a big batch and serve it as a side with the steaks.

Prepare the hollandaise sauce and keep it warm. Steam the asparagus to al dente. Grill the steaks to whatever level you like. Put the steak in the middle of the plate to serve and lay a couple spears of asparagus on two sides of it to kind of divide it in thirds and keep the hollandaise sauce from running everywhere. Stack crab meat on top of the steak, maybe put some random pieces on the plate around the steak if you like. Pour hollandaise on top of the steak until it is covered and has some extra on the sides. If you are serving asparagus as a side it's good if you drizzle some more hollandaise on the asparagus. If you don't like asparagus find some other side. I've also made zucchini/squash with a balsamic vinegar reduction. Then make some mashed potatoes or something for the other side. I have made roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and that goes nicely. Just roast some garlic and then mash it into potatoes with a little sour cream and milk.

:drool:
She is a skank if you get laid after cooking her fake crabmeant. :D

jaffro

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
Seattle
Here's an easy one for a hearty breakfast. I don't really consider myself a good cook but this one came out pretty tasty.

While cooking a good amount of quinoa (always good to have around anyways) start frying some potatoes. When the potatoes are almost done throw in your favorite breakfast sausage, and some beans if you like. By the time the sausage and potatoes are cooked, the quinoa should be about ready. Throw the quinoa in to the mix then add hot sauce to taste, and you're done. Super easy and not very time consuming. This breakfast with a pot of pu'erh tea will get you going for a long day of riding.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Pasta can be a great easy meal. I cook about a 1/3 pound of penne and a 1/4-1/3 bottle of Classico sauce, then add in a good amount of cheap cooking wine, spices, and then cook the pasta al dente in water with some salt and a bit of olive oil. Then I add a bit of spices to the top, and grate fresh Asiago cheese on top. Super cheap, and it takes like 20 minutes.

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Start some brown rice. Takes about 40 minutes. Pour a good amount of your favorite salsa in a skillet and gently break some eggs into the salsa so they stay whole. I use a large serving spoon to slide the eggs into the salsa intact. Let the eggs boil gently in the salsa til the yokes are cooked to your prefference. Grab your favorite tortilla, add rice, eggs, salsa and your favorite toppings (cheese, avacado, sour cream, chillis) and pig out.
yummy

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Steak rub:

1tsp salt
1tsp thyme
1tsp ground black pepper
1tsp papricka
1tsp ground coffee beans
1tsp garlic powder

Blueberry cobbler-

6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 cups blueberries

Heat oven to 375. Dump butter into an 8x8 dish, and melt it. Mix the dry ingredients together. Add milk and mix. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Dump the blueberries on top of the batter. Bake for about half an hour, until the middle gets cooked. The edges brown really fast, but somehow don't burn unless you really fvck up. The middle takes a lot longer.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pan-roasted roasted broccoli

Trim away the outer peel from the broccoli stalk, otherwise it will turn tough when cooked.

INGREDIENTS
1 large head broccoli (about 1 3/4 pounds)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Ground black pepper
2 large shallots , halved and sliced thin lengthwise (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon fennel seeds , roughly chopped
1 ounce Parmesan cheese , shaved (about 1/2 cup)

1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position, place large rimmed baking sheet on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees. Cut broccoli at juncture of florets and stems; remove outer peel from stalk. Cut stalk into 2- to 3-inch lengths and each length into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Cut crowns into 4 wedges if 3-4 inches in diameter or 6 wedges if 4-5 inches in diameter. Place broccoli in large bowl; drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil and toss well until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, sugar, and pepper to taste and toss to combine.

2. Working quickly, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully transfer broccoli to baking sheet and spread into even layer, placing flat sides down. Return baking sheet to oven and roast until stalks are well browned and tender and florets are lightly browned, 9 to 11 minutes.

3. While broccoli roasts, heat remaining oil in 8-inch skillet over medium heat until just shimmering. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and beginning to turn light golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add fennel seeds and continue to cook until shallots are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat. Toss roasted broccoli with shallots, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve immediately.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I make a quick dish for breakfast known as a Bulls Eye.

Take a peice of bread, use a shot glass to cut out a whole in the bread middle. Coat both sides with butta.

Place bread in pan. Begin heating, drop an egg directly in the middle of the hole. Cook on one side for a minute, flip it, cook other side a minute then flip back over again, then add VELVEETA CHEEZE :drool: and cover with a lid while the it still cooks, melting the VELVEETA :drool: and that's it.

Great breakfast. The bread gets toasty, the egg gets nicely cooked and the VELVEETA is like, well, it's VELVEETAaaa :drool:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Here's a current favorite Italianesque dish:

Chop & fry a couple strips of bacon in 1T butter and 1T olive oil
Add a couple cloves of garlic
Add about 1/2 mined onion
Cook until onion gets soft
Add a small (~14oz) can crushed tomatoes
Salt & pepper to taste
Cook for awhile until it reduces
Turn up the heat and add about a cup of heavy cream
Add cut asparagus (as much as you like)
About 4 minutes before the cream has reduced, add 1/2 lb of raw shrimp
Toss with fresh cooked pasta
Serve with fresh parmesano reggiano (or grana padano)

We usually have it with caprese as an appetizer (fresh tomatoes & fresh mozzarella)

-S.S.-
Resurrection!

Made this tonight with a few twists...Sans shrimp/sausage, added mint, chard, olives. Also threw in some Deschutes pale ale I had. Really heavy, but REALLY GOOD.

poor fud photo:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I like to make this simple pasta dish, some times I will add prosciutto because I love it. Its also good if you just brown the mizithra and prosciutto and serve it over the pasta. Add onions or mushrooms if you want a bit more flavor.

Spaghetti Mizithra (Greek-Style Spaghetti)
Ingredients You Will Need:
1 pound spaghetti
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 pound Kasseri cheese, grated
1/4 pound Romano cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped parsley

Cook spaghetti until tender but firm to the bite. Drain. Melt butter in large skillet, and cook just until it turns brown. Meanwhile, combine cheeses. Place spaghetti on warm platter, sprinkle with mixed cheeses, and then drizzle with browned butter. Sprinkle with parsley

this recipe is obviously for a large serving (about 8) cut it down as you see fit.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
my "own" version of huevos rancheros - great pre-ride/hike/whatever breakfast

ok, may sound kinda gross, but it is GOOD! :drool:
This one is awesome, heres my personal variation though.

I use the small corn tortillas (personal preferance)
-start by heating some veggie oil or evoo in a small pan (9" should work) medium high heat
-heat your beaners up in the micro (about 1/3 can) throw a paper towel on top to keep em from splattering about 1:45-2 min. (you can cook them on the stove if you want but its more clean up and doesn't taste any better)
-turn your oven on 'warm' with a good size plate inside
-throw the tortillas into the oil for about 10-20 seconds per side (until they puff up a bit) too long and they get chewy.
-once you get enough tortillas ( I usually do 3) spread your beans over the tortillas followed by a generous amount of cheese (I usually use Sargento mexican blend but cheddar is real good too) turn the oven on broil and watch em close just like she says above
-dump the oil and let the pan cool a bit, turn the burner to medium low and toss in your eggs (with the corn tortillas just use one per) sprinkle with a bit of salt and be patient,
-once they hit over-easy to over medium throw them on your tortillas that are in the oven ( the runnier the better, messy but the yolk mixing with the beans and cheese is glorious) you can scramble them if you like but I think its better when they're fried.
-top with some good salsa and a bit of Siracha a little avocado and enjoy.

Sounds kinda complicated but its really simple and only takes one pan. I eat them for breakfast lunch or dinner, lots of protein fast.

They are even better if you make your own salsa, make it once per week. The best part about making your own salsa is the longer it sits the better it gets, all the flavors melt together and it becomes something totally different entirely. I will post a good salsa recipe soon.

start to mouthgasm in about 10-12 minutes.

:thumb:

BikeLuvR904

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
yea, get a steak, marinate with garlic/black pepper/salt and grill it on a george foreman grill. 5 minutes. Then get some mashed potatoes or something. A perfect healthy meal and mixture of protein and carbs.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I just made some of my quick and easy Tuna Casserole for dinner tonight and thought I'd share. This recipe makes a generous amount and provides good lunch for the next few days as well. :thumb:

---Ingredients---

Large pot for boiling water/cooking noodles
Glass/non-stick casserole dish
1 - bag of extra-wide egg noodles
1 - small can of peas
2 - cans of solid white tuna (or w/e tuna you like)
2 - cans of cream of mushroom soup (I get the kind w/ garlic in it)
Bread crumbs*
Shredded Parmesan*

*optional

---Directions---

Preheat oven to 400*F
Boil the noodles until al dente, drain.
Return noodles to pot and combine tuna, soup and peas. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into casserole dish, sprinkle bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan on top.
Bake at 400* for 15-25 minutes until the top is nice and crunchy looking.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

juiceguy03

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
not real quick but easy and tasty. I found this on a mt bike trainer's website....

cut up red pepper, one yellow and one green squash, onion and mushroom- coat with olive oil salt pepper and italian seasoning- roast on a sheet pan 15 minutes or so.

Add roasted veggies to almost fully cooked penne, spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese. mix em up put in a pan, top with parmesan and bake .....

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Meatloaf:

preheat oven to 350

2lb of ground beef
1 packet onion soup mix
tbsp of chopped garlic
1 cup chopped red onion sauteed
half cup raisins (optional)

mash together and form into a loaf about 2" thick
set on shallow baking pan
coat with bbq sauce

cook at 350 for 50min
turn off oven
let sit for another 10min and remove

serves 4 regular appetites... or just me

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I just made some of my quick and easy Tuna Casserole for dinner tonight and thought I'd share. This recipe makes a generous amount and provides good lunch for the next few days as well.

---Ingredients---

Large pot for boiling water/cooking noodles
Glass/non-stick casserole dish
1 - bag of extra-wide egg noodles
1 - small can of peas
2 - cans of solid white tuna (or w/e tuna you like)
2 - cans of cream of mushroom soup (I get the kind w/ garlic in it)
Bread crumbs*
Shredded Parmesan*

*optional

---Directions---

Preheat oven to 400*F
Boil the noodles until al dente, drain.
Return noodles to pot and combine tuna, soup and peas. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into casserole dish, sprinkle bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan on top.
Bake at 400* for 15-25 minutes until the top is nice and crunchy looking.

Enjoy!
Made this again tonight. That meatloaf just above sounds good as well.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Beefaloaf:

2# ground beefalo (buffalo/beef hybrid or 1:1 ratio of both)
1 Lg carrot minced
1 stalk celery minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Mix ingredients
Pack into shallow baking dish; don't manhandle the meat too much.
Baste with Ketchup/Pickapepper/Siriacha blended to taste

Bake at 350 for ~1hr or until juices flow clear when pierced.
Rest loaf while screaming at kids to set table
Serve when little tools finally have table ready.

Serves 4 with usually enough for a couple sammies the next day.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This is a dish that's simply referred to as 'Crack' in our house.
We eat it as a stand alone entree but makes a nice side dish.

1 lb thick sliced bacon, coarsely chopped/diced
3 med onions sliced
3-4 handfuls of french green beans/haricot verts
1.5 cups diced tomatoes

Cook the bacon a bit until it starts to render some fat
Add onions and cook with bacon until onions are soft
Drain excess fat
Add beans and continue to cook mixture until beans reach desired doneness
Add tomatoes and cook until heated through

Serve over brown rice

Last edited:

kapiknio

Chimp
Jul 22, 2014
Poland
chinese pasta with sausages
1 pack of chinese pasta (not that rice, transparent one)
some barbecue sauce
1 onion
sausages cutted in cubes (handfull or more, depends how much you want)
soy sauce

It's total student's food = easy, cheap and fat :P At first put sausages on the frying pan and well.. fry them. Make them as crispy as you like and then add some onion. Next pour barbecue sauce with water and soy sauce (i sometimes mix it with ketchup or some chilli sauce). Put whole, not crushed chinese pasta to the pan and let it soak in the sauce. When it's soft and pasta like put it to the plates :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fresh Mozz.
Good Olive Oil (steal from work)
Fresh Basil (also stolen!)
Plum Tomatoes
Balsamic Vinegar (steal this to as it expensive...)
Sea Salt Coursa
Black pepper Coursa

Put a few drops of oil on to a cold plate
Some salt
Squeeze off a lob of cheese.
Mush it down on to the plate
Cover with oil and black pepper and more salt
Mush down a layer of cold sliced mators
Mush down some chopped Basil
Drizzle with Vinegar more salt and oil if you want.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Kicking it back up again.

Pack of Soba noodles cooked
I usually use left over pork (shredded) after cooking in the slow cooker, but can use chicken or beef
green pepper
onion
misc veggies

sauce
Soy sauce - maybe 1/4 cup as a base
brown sugar
little bit of sesame oil
little rice wine vinegar
ginger
crushed red pepper and/or thai chili paste
hoisen
honey
(all of these are optional, can be added or deleted per preference and I'm not usually big on measuring)

Just put soy sauce in a small sauce pan and start to heat. Add all the other sauce stuff and warm it up reducing slightly. I then use a cast iron skillet as the main pan, add a little oil to brown the pork to crisp it a little and cook the bell pepper/onions. Then add the noodles and sauce and toss.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kicking it back up again.

Pack of Soba noodles cooked
I usually use left over pork (shredded) after cooking in the slow cooker, but can use chicken or beef
green pepper
onion
misc veggies

sauce
Soy sauce - maybe 1/4 cup as a base
brown sugar
little bit of sesame oil
little rice wine vinegar
ginger
crushed red pepper and/or thai chili paste
hoisen
honey
(all of these are optional, can be added or deleted per preference and I'm not usually big on measuring)

Just put soy sauce in a small sauce pan and start to heat. Add all the other sauce stuff and warm it up reducing slightly. I then use a cast iron skillet as the main pan, add a little oil to brown the pork to crisp it a little and cook the bell pepper/onions. Then add the noodles and sauce and toss.
bibimbap?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Lately for breakfast, I've been making plain 1 minute oats with almond milk, but then adding in 1-2 scoops of vanilla protein powder and 1/3-1/2 cup of canned pumpkin. Comes out pretty damn good, low calorie and filling. Plus it's pretty quick. Can also do in the microwave.