Quantcast

Calling All Photomonkeys

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Anyone want to play an online photography game?

Here's how it would work. Each person gets a chance to pick a theme for the week (or however long we deem fit). The theme is one word. Then we each go out that week and try and capture something that represents that one word. We pick a "share/post" day and that day we all post our photos.

Would be fun to see how everyone's brain/creativity works differently, triggered by one word.

Anyone Game? :cupidarrow:

(we can organize the start via PMing if needed)

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
OK...so since we have a few people (all those that want to pipe in today please do) let's get started. Friday's a great day to start since we have all weekend and the entire week. So next Friday will be post day.

Seeing that I started the game...I get to choose the first theme word. Everyone ok with that? :cupidarrow: :happydance:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I know a photography site that does this sort of thing every week. I'm not very good, nor very creative, but I'll play when I can think of something worth shooting.

Are there any limits on editing? Clearly the ability to take a good pictures requires far different "skills" than the ability to photoshop something into a decent image.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
You can Photoshop a little...but no out and out manipulations...just levels and things like that. Fair? It's really more about the composition/creativity behind the shot....not so much about the tech skills. (cause my tech skills suck!!!) :cupidarrow:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
You can Photoshop a little...but no out and out manipulations...just levels and things like that. Fair? It's really more about the composition/creativity behind the shot....not so much about the tech skills. (cause my tech skills suck!!!) :cupidarrow:
I like that. The site I mentioned before defines it as "no spot editing" - basically anything you do to an image has to apply to the entire image. So basic filters, levels, etc. are OK as long as they are applied to the entire image. But no spot editing... dodge/burn, that sort of thing.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I like that. The site I mentioned before defines it as "no spot editing" - basically anything you do to an image has to apply to the entire image. So basic filters, levels, etc. are OK as long as they are applied to the entire image. But no spot editing... dodge/burn, that sort of thing.
Sounds good to me.

OK...so our first theme word will be... CHANGE

Let the game begin!!! :banana:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
One submission per person? Or is this purely a display of creativity (as opposed to an unofficial "contest")?

BTW - good topic for this week.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
One submission per person? Or is this purely a display of creativity (as opposed to an unofficial "contest")?

BTW - good topic for this week.
One submission per person...pick your best representation.

(the monkey with the best photo gets a massage from me....ha...just kidding) No contest just fun. :cupidarrow: