Quantcast

**Calling all teams** Any interest in getting your own forum space?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
edit: Okay, we're going to give this a shot. So if you're interested:

E-mail me (binaryvisions at ridemonkey dot com) or PM me: your team name, what kind of forum you want (public, private or both) and the username of the people you want to be team leaders (these people will be able to add or remove users from the forum).
I recently set up a team with their own forum space on here. Instead of just doing a one-off custom forum, I went through and set up the infrastructure to manage these forums going forward.

So, are any teams interested in having their own forum? I am considering offering up to two forums for each team: one public, one private. You can have a public forum to recruit, advertise team events, promote the team, whatever... and then a private forum to discuss issues that you only want the team to discuss.

What do you guys think about this? It's easy to manage. I can designate team leader(s) to approve and deny requests to join the forum, so you guys don't even have to wait for the mods to help - all the permissions are user-manageable.

If you think you'd be interested in such a forum, please respond to this thread. It'll help me gauge if it's something we should pursue.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Is having both too much to ask?
Asking for the former will get you a community discussion board for you and your teammates.

Asking for the latter will get you a ban, nightmares for the next 30 years, and a spot on a therapist's chair.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
My team only has about a dozen people (and we're amateurs) on it and we seem to do pretty well with phone calls, facebook or emails. For me (I am the team manager) I'd say no, we don't need one. Not everyone is on RM so that may have a bit to do it with too.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think, given that several teams have expressed an interest, I'm going to start adding the forums. If it takes off as a good idea, great. If nobody uses it, no harm done.

I'll be PM'ing the people who have posted interest, but anyone else:

E-mail me (binaryvisions at ridemonkey dot com) or PM me: your team name, what kind of forum you want (public, private or both) and the username of the people you want to be team leaders (these people will be able to add or remove users from the forum).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My team only has about a dozen people (and we're amateurs) on it and we seem to do pretty well with phone calls, facebook or emails. For me (I am the team manager) I'd say no, we don't need one. Not everyone is on RM so that may have a bit to do it with too.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't expect everyone will want one, I was just thinking that lots of teams are active on RM already - why not have their team forum hosted here? Only one site to check, then, and they don't have to have any of the concerns about hosting their own forum.

If you decide you do want one, though, let me know :thumb: