Quantcast

Calling all Xterra monkey's

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I'm in the market for a roof rack for my wifes 2003 Xterra, what do you all currently use or reccomend.

I'm leaning towards the Yakima with the X-mounts but I can't find the X-mounts carried by anyone online.

Anyway, as always, your input is greatly appreciated............. :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm not an Xterra guy, but I think the question is appropriate regardless - how do you plan on using the rack... light duty stuff like camping gear, maybe your spare tire? Or are you putting a tent up there, packing it up with gear for a 7 day self sustaining trip, etc.?

Do you want a basket or a rack? Do you plan on mounting anything to the basket (lights, jack, bike carriers, etc.)?

Heavy duty racks are very different from light duty racks. Since you are considering a Yak, I assume you just need a light duty rack.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
jacksonpt said:
I'm not an Xterra guy, but I think the question is appropriate regardless - how do you plan on using the rack... light duty stuff like camping gear, maybe your spare tire? Or are you putting a tent up there, packing it up with gear for a 7 day self sustaining trip, etc.?

Do you want a basket or a rack? Do you plan on mounting anything to the basket (lights, jack, bike carriers, etc.)?

Heavy duty racks are very different from light duty racks. Since you are considering a Yak, I assume you just need a light duty rack.
I apologize for not defining the application of said rack - carrying bikes.