Quantcast

Calling Colorado Diggers: Rebuilding the Lake Arbor Dirt Jumps

Feb 5, 2010
Westminster, CO
All Denver/Arvada/Westminster dirt jumpers, it's time to resurrect the Lake Arbor Dirt Jumps! The spot hasn't seen much TLC lately, and the place looks like ancient ruins.

I have been building up a new(ish) line on the right side and have put in about 60 or so hours or so of solo digging. The pace of solo work has been slower than I imagined, so it would be great to get some more guys in on this project.

I'm looking to build a core of riders/diggers who can bring this amazing spot back to glory. My hope is that we can build/repair a 2-3 lines by spring.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Brosef, I'm down... PM sent. Got a few dudes that I know will be down. What that spot needs is a mtb friendly line. I ride bmx/mtb but i find the mtb guys tend to dig a little bit more. Get that spot legit again.

Joel

Feb 5, 2010
Westminster, CO
Okay, so I'm going to keep this thread alive by posting (hopefully a few days in advance in the future) when I'll be out there digging. Anyone interested in coming out and helping can either check this thread incessantly :think:

Actually, a better idea would be for you guys to PM me and give me your phone numbers. Anyone who does so will get a call/text when I'm going to be out there.

For anyone who hasn't seen Lake Arbor, the area is huge. The dirt jumps section has 2 big lines on the left side (approx 18' gaps) and several intermediate lines on the right side with the potential for transfer lines, banks etc. There is practically unlimited room in all directions for as many lines as we want to build, and the existing lines are loooong, some with 8 or 9 doubles.

There is also a moderately steep, very wide hill right behind the starting point for any freeride guys who also want to build step-downs and such. Also, I have a really decent wooden launch ramp at my parents' house I will be bringing out this summer. My thought was that we could chip in (lame pun)for some wood chips to build a tick training jump.

Okay, so I'm going to stop typing and go out digging, so here's my first official dig announcement:

Today, Feb 5th from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm - Digging only due to mud

If anyone happens to see this over the next 2 hours, come out and say hi

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There is also a moderately steep, very wide hill right behind the starting point for any freeride guys who also want to build step-downs and such.
That's the roll in for the fckin huge doubles line you guys are going to build.

If you build any goofy ladder bridge drops there that DON'T go into a fckin huge doubles line, I'm going to drive out there from california and pee pee all over them.......until they get moldy and slippery. :D

Way to motivate man. The last time I was out there, that place looked sad. If I were closer I'd be out there with you.

Feb 5, 2010
Westminster, CO
I'll be at the jumps today before work to finish up a little packing/wetting and whatnot

Saturday Feb 6th from 4:30 to 5:30 pm - Digging and maybe a tiny bit of test riding

I've also scrounged up some carpet from dumpsters. There's snow in the forcast for this weekend so I'll be covering the jumps. By the way, I've learned that you should but the carpet right-side up when you cover the jumps, otherwise the carpet fibers freeze the the ground and you have to use a pickaxe to get it free

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
If you go out the day after a snow storm and shovel the snow off your dirt jumps so they will be dry a few days earlier, is that dedication or unhealthy obsession?
Hey I actually did that yesterday too!! Working with another dude on some lines @ Eaton park (Gunbarrel).

Post when you are going to dig @ Lake Arbor. I would come and help for sure.