Quantcast

Cam Neely made it!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I don't know if anyone cares but it was recently announced today that the Great 8 made it into the Hockey Hall of Fame. I'm so psyched right now, he was my idol when I was a kid. Watching him announce his retirement was probably the most heart wrenching speach I've ever witnessed.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
sanjuro said:
What's Hockey?

Probably the best team sport there is, but since it isn't a US sport (much like cycling) the general public is too ignorant to embrace it. YEA USA!!!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Inclag said:
Probably the best team sport there is, but since it isn't a US sport (much like cycling) the general public is too ignorant to embrace it. YEA USA!!!
We loved it here until this year. Pretty sure that was a shut out joke.

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
He was a Canuck, and a great power forward back in the day..... Reminds me of Todd Bertuzzi.... What other sport allows bare knuckle boxing???

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
stinkyboy said:
Dennis Leary does sumpin for a Cam Nealy Foundation don't he? Is the dude sick?
Taken from his foundations website

"The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care was launched in 1995 by the Neely family after the passing of their parents Marlene and Michael Neely from cancer. This experience created the inspiration to help others living with cancer. With the dream of honoring their beloved parents and the hope of helping others, The Cam Neely Foundation was created to help cancer patients and their families during treatments. As millions of Americans will be diagnosed this year with some form of cancer, an understandable sense of urgency propels the Foundation's mission.

Located in Boston, Massachusetts, The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care is a support driven 501(c)3 non-profit organization who, through initiatives and programs sustained by donations, provide comfort, support and hope to cancer patients and their families.

Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $11 million from donations of all sizes, impacted thousands of families and continue to dedicate ourselves to designing, funding, and completing projects with immediate and tangible results."

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that's awesome. cam remains my all-time favorite hockey player, even over bruins greats like ray bourque, brad park, johnny bucyk, espo, rick middleton, gord kluzak, craig janney, adam oates, etc. he was a goddam force to reckon.

i hope ulf samuellson gets herpes.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
"Kick his ass, Sea Bass!"

:D

Good for Can Neely! Even when I was a Whalers fan and Cam Neely was public enemy #1, I always liked him. It's really too bad he had all those knee problems.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Inclag said:
Taken from his foundations website

"The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care was launched in 1995 by the Neely family after the passing of their parents Marlene and Michael Neely from cancer. This experience created the inspiration to help others living with cancer. With the dream of honoring their beloved parents and the hope of helping others, The Cam Neely Foundation was created to help cancer patients and their families during treatments. As millions of Americans will be diagnosed this year with some form of cancer, an understandable sense of urgency propels the Foundation's mission.

Located in Boston, Massachusetts, The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care is a support driven 501(c)3 non-profit organization who, through initiatives and programs sustained by donations, provide comfort, support and hope to cancer patients and their families.

Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $11 million from donations of all sizes, impacted thousands of families and continue to dedicate ourselves to designing, funding, and completing projects with immediate and tangible results."
Cam Neely rocks!
:thumb:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
narlus said:
that's awesome. cam remains my all-time favorite hockey player, even over bruins greats like ray bourque, brad park, johnny bucyk, espo, rick middleton, gord kluzak, craig janney, adam oates, etc. he was a goddam force to reckon.

Gord Kluzak?!?!? You smoking :evil: j/k

In regards to Ulf, ditto.

I'm thinking that I may have to make the road trip to the Hall for induction on November 7th.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wow, the Whalers. When I last played organized hockey they were not the Hartford Whalers, they were the NEW ENGLAND Whalers. Good lord I will never get the Whalers' goal song out of my head. Ba-ba-ba, bababa, baba, baba, bababa, ba-ba!

Way too much time at the Hartford Civic Center when I was a kid, and way too much time playing pond hockey in West Hartford...

Way to go Cam!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That's awesome news - Cam Neely was one helluva player - he could do it all, skate, score, check, and duke it out when needed. A true leader!

Whoe else got in this year??

splat

Nam I am
Hooo Yaaaa! Way to go #8 ! I was wondering if he was going to have the Numbers to make it ! I mean he was one hell of a Player but his carrer was cut a little short by That dam Knee/Thigh injury. I loved watching him in front and there seamed to be no way to get him out of there , he took so much abuse from goalies ! I think more goals were scored because the goalie was so concerend about him . And how the heck he would be able to handle apass and put it home while he was getting mauled is still a mystery !

I miss teh whalers ther ewere always some great fights when the B's and the Whalers would play !

Better yet , Bring back the Adams division!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
I miss teh whalers ther ewere always some great fights when the B's and the Whalers would play !

Better yet , Bring back the Adams division!
When I'd go to Whalers/Bruins games in Hartford, the Bruins fans would always dorwn out the Whalers fan. It's like when the Red Sox play in Tampa Bay nowadays....you can barely hear Devil Rays fans (let's face it, the Whalers were the Devil Rays of their day). :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
narlus said:
you stole the words right out of my mouth...

narlus said:
...twice..

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Well I hate hockey now, since 93/94 season I believe (a little to do with the strike and a lot to do with stupid rule implements)...however Neely is one of my all time favorites played the game tough like it was meant to be played and when the rules hadn't been warped by Bettman.

Congrats to Neely. He deserves it.