Quantcast

Cam, Sam, Nico and their new Lapierre Kit

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Sam has already started his season winning the first round of the NZ natl series, Cam jumps into the next race.
Should be an interesting year...

Cam rippin his new ride.

New Kit for the fella's

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Good looking kit and bike, i'm quite eager to see what Cam Cole can do this year.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Looks great! Although its quite a big departure from the prior blue/white/black scheme which was really nice.

Woody: this is what the sport needs more of. Its pretty sad when top guys are out there in stock kits with a couple logos screened over them, when compared to all the custom work done in MX that gets people excited. Ands its 'just' a single pivot that Sam hopped on and qualified 1st at a WC first day out on it... I think that speaks volumes to this bikes capabilities.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Woooo! Hype!

1. If bright colors get you excited I recommend cartoons. That will blow your mind.
2. Sam could win on a tricycle with flat tires. The man's got talent. It's still just a single pivot. Not all that exciting.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
super awesome, can't wait to see Cam Cole on the new bike, should be a good season. Kit looks tidy as well...good ole single pivot eh.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Woooo! Hype!

1. If bright colors get you excited I recommend cartoons. That will blow your mind.
2. Sam could win on a tricycle with flat tires. The man's got talent. It's still just a single pivot. Not all that exciting.
Sorry for repost from the lounge but I found a bike for you there. It may not have enough pivotzzzz for you but it sure is a breath of fresh air in the stinkhole that is modern dh razin. Would make you at least 12.5% moar faster. For now they only offer it in black but sooon they wil ofeer it in broken carbon and bacon electro. Good call colurs for a seriouz man liek you. Lifetime warranty does not cover metal parts and non metal parts.

btw. I love the new lapierre. Build quality on the always has been amazing and it seems like finally they got it right with geo. Though the price could be a tad lower ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
don't let woody get you all riled up, he just longs for the days when downhill race bikes weighed 50 pounds and a race kit consisted of jeans and either a flannel shirt or a camo jacket.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
They are no longer blocked by the VPP patent so it may be possible now. Though their FR-AM bikes are still FSR. Their policy is strange.
why wouldnt they still be blocked by the patent?
i also though everything but their DH bikes was already available here

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
why wouldnt they still be blocked by the patent?
i also though everything but their DH bikes was already available here
I was guessing about their non dh bikes from the fact that thay seemed to go over the fsr patent.

As for the dh bike - why would it still be blocked ? the old bike was using a fps2 suspension which was very similar (at least from a patent troll point of view) to the VPP suspension. Woody already stated it isn't one anymore ;)

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
any chance Lapierre is going to sell the frame in the US?
its coming, but it won't happen in 2011, you can buy one from 1 of the many Lapierre dealers in Canada (if they have any left)

and VPP/Horst never blocked anything, Lapierre holds the patent rights to their own OST and FPS2 virtual systems throughout europe (where santa cruz is magically allowed to sell) but because the US patent system is rarely based on empirical data and more likely based on precedent and protectionism, they didn't want to waste money in a legal battle (imagine a French company trying to battle a US company in a California court, haha)

That said the new system Pendbox is ready for international patents. :thumb:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its coming, but it won't happen in 2011, you can buy one from 1 of the many Lapierre dealers in Canada (if they have any left)

and VPP/Horst never blocked anything, Lapierre holds the patent rights to their own OST and FPS2 virtual systems throughout europe (where santa cruz is magically allowed to sell) but because the US patent system is rarely based on empirical data and more likely based on precedent and protectionism, they didn't want to waste money in a legal battle (imagine a French company trying to battle a US company in a California court, haha)

That said the new system Pendbox is ready for international patents. :thumb:
not interested in one now, but its good to know theyll be available in the future. ive always wanted to ride one of the old ones and the new one too.
more options in the market can never be a bad thing

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah I share that feeling. I'm more than happy with my current frame but I loved how my well my old dh-230 was made even though it has some bloody annoying traits. This one seems like they finally figured it out and I'd gladly take it for a test ride.