Quantcast

Cam Zink's Press Release Wasn't Approved

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by czink, May 12, 2010.

1. czink

czink Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Due to the serious backlash by my "quote" I am finding myself doing my first post on RideMonkey... Or any Mountain Bike forum.
    The quote was talking, jokingly in a casual situation, with absolutely no intention of it going anywhere. Of course it is irresponsible to even let words like that come out of my mouth, and the majority of the hating I've received on the forum is well deserved. In contrast, thanks to all the people who have my back and defended my "official quote." It means a lot to me!

Truthfully, Felts bikes were not crap. People thought I was probably insinuating they are sub-par for what Freeriders are doing nowadays. Regardless, that isn't why it was said, intended to be confidential. It was said jokingly to make someone at Corsair laugh, letting them know in excess of how truly stoked I am to be riding their bike.
    Other news blogs refused to post it because they know it isn't professional and didn't want something like this getting out with my name on it; they know me better than that.
    I don't know how it slipped by the sites that did post it.

On a positive note: The hold on loosely tour is back this year. Here is the show produced from the last tour. I hope I didn't leave too bad of taste in your mouth to enjoy it.
    Hold On Loosely Tour on Vimeo

Thesensus.com

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Covenasty

Covenasty Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    good **** Cam, no worries, I think most of the people on here had your back either way.....

3. gonefirefightin

gonefirefightin free wieners

Rep/Likes:
    26 / 104
    Surrounded by Police in a hail of gunfire
    feel free to jump on every now and then and post up....good to hear from ya mang!

4. bizutch

bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 8
    NOOOOO!!! Don't post. Go ride for those of us stuck at a desk job. Stay away from the computer Zink.:rant:

5. Gunner

Gunner Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    agreed. I think everyone here is pumped on you riding for Corsair.

6. manhattanprjkt83

manhattanprjkt83 Rusty Trombone

Rep/Likes:
    17 / 262
    wow, great response.

Corsair/BM rocks, should be damn happy with them.

7. TheTruth

TheTruth Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    At least you didn't get fvcked because the other sites knew better than to post that. Corsair is a dope company, congratulations!

And BTW, you willonly post on here to update us with pics, don't become a lounge rat, you might end up like stinkyboy, drunk.

8. William42

William42 fork ways

Rep/Likes:
    17 / 280
    I think thats the point: he WAS saying it to buddies, it was never meant for an official press release, somebody just let it out.

Plus, its not really surprising given that felt doesn't actually have a bike with more then 6 inches of travel, and haro was back and forth on whether they'd have one, some years they had the .357, and some years nothing.

9. dropmachine

dropmachine Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 10
    No no no no. Don't you backpedal.

**** man, if thats what you said, then thats what you said. Unlike the rest of the people in here, my arsehole isn't so uptight only dogs can hear me fart. **** Felt. If they didn't make you a bike in time, or they didn't hold up to any promises they made, then **** them. Its about time somebody actually said the truth in a press release instead of the same old "I'd like to thank jebus and my dog and all my sponzors and my mom etc...blah blah blah".

Everybody posting up that its "unprofessional" and all that, SO WHAT. You want uptight pros that say the same bull**** over and over, go watch a road race. I for one am tired of the blubbering formulaic rubbish that some pros spit out. At least from now on I'd know that what Cam is saying is honest, and can be believed.

10. LOOnatic

LOOnatic Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 2
    Hucking Race lines at WindRock while i wait for jo

:thumb:
    Hell yeah

11. Banshee Rider

Banshee Rider Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 10
    I'd be stoked if this sport was half as legit as road racing.

12. IH8Rice

IH8Rice I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!

Rep/Likes:
    62 / 485
    eh, i could care less what bike he is on as long as he keeps shredding. he could be on a Huffy for all i care.

13. drkenan

drkenan anti-dentite

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    As someone who writes press releases on a regular basis, I can't believe they put that quote in there. It was obviously taken out of context.

14. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 103

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dropmachine.com again.

:thumb:

15. Prettym1k3

Prettym1k3 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    When you have free stuff to give away, let me know. I can help with that. :D