Quantcast

Cam Zink's Press Release Wasn't Approved

czink

Chimp
May 12, 2010
Due to the serious backlash by my "quote" I am finding myself doing my first post on RideMonkey... Or any Mountain Bike forum.
The quote was talking, jokingly in a casual situation, with absolutely no intention of it going anywhere. Of course it is irresponsible to even let words like that come out of my mouth, and the majority of the hating I've received on the forum is well deserved. In contrast, thanks to all the people who have my back and defended my "official quote." It means a lot to me!

Truthfully, Felts bikes were not crap. People thought I was probably insinuating they are sub-par for what Freeriders are doing nowadays. Regardless, that isn't why it was said, intended to be confidential. It was said jokingly to make someone at Corsair laugh, letting them know in excess of how truly stoked I am to be riding their bike.
Other news blogs refused to post it because they know it isn't professional and didn't want something like this getting out with my name on it; they know me better than that.
I don't know how it slipped by the sites that did post it.

On a positive note: The hold on loosely tour is back this year. Here is the show produced from the last tour. I hope I didn't leave too bad of taste in your mouth to enjoy it.
Hold On Loosely Tour on Vimeo

Thesensus.com

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
At least you didn't get fvcked because the other sites knew better than to post that. Corsair is a dope company, congratulations!

And BTW, you willonly post on here to update us with pics, don't become a lounge rat, you might end up like stinkyboy, drunk.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Good to see you "man up" and started this thread and I hope to see you shredding the trails...BUT, I still think what you did was very unprofessional no matter what your reason was.

Thinking or saying something to a buddy is one thing, writing it down on an official press release is an other, it stays forever and hopefully you've learned something from all this.

Now, we expect nothing more than STELLAR results from you now since you now have a bike that suits your riding style better!:thumb:
I think thats the point: he WAS saying it to buddies, it was never meant for an official press release, somebody just let it out.

Plus, its not really surprising given that felt doesn't actually have a bike with more then 6 inches of travel, and haro was back and forth on whether they'd have one, some years they had the .357, and some years nothing.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
No no no no. Don't you backpedal.

**** man, if thats what you said, then thats what you said. Unlike the rest of the people in here, my arsehole isn't so uptight only dogs can hear me fart. **** Felt. If they didn't make you a bike in time, or they didn't hold up to any promises they made, then **** them. Its about time somebody actually said the truth in a press release instead of the same old "I'd like to thank jebus and my dog and all my sponzors and my mom etc...blah blah blah".

Everybody posting up that its "unprofessional" and all that, SO WHAT. You want uptight pros that say the same bull**** over and over, go watch a road race. I for one am tired of the blubbering formulaic rubbish that some pros spit out. At least from now on I'd know that what Cam is saying is honest, and can be believed.

No no no no. Don't you backpedal.

**** man, if thats what you said, then thats what you said. Unlike the rest of the people in here, my arsehole isn't so uptight only dogs can hear me fart. **** Felt. If they didn't make you a bike in time, or they didn't hold up to any promises they made, then **** them. Its about time somebody actually said the truth in a press release instead of the same old "I'd like to thank jebus and my dog and all my sponzors and my mom etc...blah blah blah".

Everybody posting up that its "unprofessional" and all that, SO WHAT. You want uptight pros that say the same bull**** over and over, go watch a road race. I for one am tired of the blubbering formulaic rubbish that some pros spit out. At least from now on I'd know that what Cam is saying is honest, and can be believed.

:thumb:
Hell yeah

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Everybody posting up that its "unprofessional" and all that, SO WHAT. You want uptight pros that say the same bull**** over and over, go watch a road race. I for one am tired of the blubbering formulaic rubbish that some pros spit out.
I'd be stoked if this sport was half as legit as road racing.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
As someone who writes press releases on a regular basis, I can't believe they put that quote in there. It was obviously taken out of context.