Quantcast

CAMBO mtn bike park

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
Hey haven't visited in a while cause we've been busy. CAMBO (central area mtn bike organization) has leased 335 acres of land in Culpeper. We have completed nearly 15 miles of trails, including a 3 mile loop for experts only. The guys are installing our first teeter totter today. The loop is an ongoing project but should rival a lot of the bigger stuff around. For more info check out www.cambomtb.com You have to be a paid member to ride $25 a year, but that covers our lease and insurance, so not a bad deal.

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
we're doing a lot of ladder bridges, over trees, a teeter totter, and field of play ground equipment (teetrs, bridges, all fairly low to learn on) Tuff rock garden climbing and some almost vertical descents.

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
volunteers are always welcome! We have a council that everything has to be approved for. Its pretty tight right now, so the problems would be where to land somthing big. We're working on it though, it will deffinately be cool!

Ol Grandad

Chimp
Aug 2, 2004
I joined up and rode out there last weekend for only an hour or so, but the little bit that I did ride was some of the best singletrack I've been on in a while. I saw the bridgework at the enterance to the advanced loop, and it looked real nice. Where's the teeter being built at? CAMBO seems like a seriously cool club with the right idea. Join up people!

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
We're keeping all the expert stuff on a parcel seperated by a stream. So the technical side is about 80 acres. The trail isn't quite double track so its tight and twisty, where we're at. The teeter is installed at the end of the expert loop.

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
yes. the CAMBO trails are the real deal for sure. puts almost every single track i've ridden to shame. thankfully most of the ladders from the conway disaster have been salvaged and will be put to good use. it is definitely worth the $25 and really isnt too far from prince william and fairfax.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
hey let me put this out there... i wet my pants last time i went and rode the burke.... its deffin the BEST riding compaired to anywhere else ive been, and its only 10-15 mins from my house :)!!!!!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Ol Grandad said:
I joined up and rode out there last weekend for only an hour or so, but the little bit that I did ride was some of the best singletrack I've been on in a while. I saw the bridgework at the enterance to the advanced loop, and it looked real nice. Where's the teeter being built at? CAMBO seems like a seriously cool club with the right idea. Join up people!
just getting acquainted with:

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
north of reeshmond its a itty bitty county, hey squirrel i think we need to get some pictures on here of the trails :) let theese people see how good it is!

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
i just got out there yesterday to ride the teetortot sp? but ya know what im talking about, but its KILLER!!! its about 16' long with a 5' or so drop from the top when u finally reach it. hopefully we can get some pics of it on here!