Quantcast

Camelbak cleaning

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i scraped out all this green/black stuff with white dots from the mouthpiece. i decided to smoke it, now i'm seeing colors......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i scraped out all this green/black stuff with white dots from the mouthpiece. i decided to smoke it, now i'm seeing colors......
Try some baking soda. I soak mine with soda and cool water over night when it gets funky :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Try some baking soda. I soak mine with soda and cool water over night when it gets funky :thumb:
i took your advice and snorted some baking soda. Now i'm really freakin out man. i'm hearing voices telling me to "go to the desert".

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
i have never cleaned mine. I just keep adding to the water that is in the bag...

I have, however, cleaned the mouth piece. I used a Q-tip and then rinsed it with mouth wash for minty tasting water...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Never put any thing sugary in the pack unless you really clean it out well after each ride.

I found a good trick for cleaning the lines good. I take a coathanger and stretch it out straight, then bend a small hook on one end. Push this through the tube till the hook part comes out the other side. Then take a small piece of cloth and place in hook. Then when you pull the hanger through the piece of cloth is pulled along doing a fine job of cleaning, if its large enough to pul through and reall cram in there, dont make the cloth piece too small. Do it with a white cloth and you may be disgusted what you find was living in the tube....

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
I've found that if you put your bladder in the frig with some liguid in it, it will stay fresh just a bit longer. I do a weak mix of powerade/water. Not too sweet but a few electro's to keep ya going!!!

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Keep it in the freezer 1/2 full. That way it will never get nasty and you will always have cold water.
The sell a drying rack and cleaning brushes.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Man i woke up this morning feeling super sullen, introspective, and a little scared.......
i was thinking as i was fixing my toast, that there is alot of different ways to clean your camelbak. and maybe that's what makes life beautiful.

yah.....