Quantcast

Campagnolo Record Rims and Hubs 1970s

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Hey road monkies.

My dad has a set of Campagnolo Nuovo Record rims and hubs from the 1970s. He used to race velodrome, criterium, and some cyclocross. He has these from when he used to race and now he wants to sell them because he can't use them anymore.

I can't find anywhere on the internet how much they are worth, one of our friends friend from Minnesota came over last night for dinner and said they where worth about $500 on eBay as a set.

I was wondering if anyone had a slight idea on how much these might be worth, they are in perfect condition, they are in need of a good cleaning due to not being used in so long but there is no rust, dents, etc.

Thanks.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Allright, we unlaced the hubs and we are going to just sell those cause the rims aren't worth that much so if someone does know how much these are worth, please tell me. thank you.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's a good question. Campy hubs from that era were very popular, very durable and easy to maintain, so there may be plenty around, which would lower the price.

I would try the CampyOnly forums. Those guys know campy.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
For your sake, I hope they're worth a bunch. For my sake I hope they're worth squat as I gave away two sets of those hubs for next to nothing a few years ago. (I thought they were worth something more when I picked them up)

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Thanks for the help. I checked some other places and found some info on the hubs and skewers. Seems like I could get a lot more money from the skewers than the hubs(who thought?).

Anyways, thanks again and I now know why I stick with ridemonkey rather than the d-bags(no offense to anyone) at bikeforums.net