Quantcast

Campers

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
We'd be staying at camp sites of some kind. There's practically nothing in the way of dispersed camping in the northeast. All of the fun overland setups would be a waste. Still doesn't stop me from lusting for FWC or GFC, but I don't know how long my daughter would be okay sleeping in the same bed as mom and dad.

Big ass tent + cots might be the way.

Instead of the forklift, I should just convince my wife we'd be better served building a 30' x 40' shop that I can drive the truck into to offload the RTT. She'd definitely be supportive of that. :nope:
Yurt!

Also, 30’ x 40’? Why bother? Your wife and kid’ll fill that before you know it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I saw what looked to be the same water filter I use on the ground by the truck. I looked and it seemed like my filter was fine. I turned on the water pump and I just hear water hitting the deck. Took another look and damn. Seems my filter housing shat the bed. :rofl:

Screenshot_20240421-115310.png

Seems it might have gotten a bit cold.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
With any sort of trailer, including pop-ups, don't underestimate the hours you will need to expend on maintenance and upkeep.
This is true for any sort of trailer, yes, but also a Sprinter or other camper van, RV, slide-in camper, whatever. Pretty much every option includes a bunch of equipment and systems that will wear out, need maintenance, etc. Like many I find it generally worth it for the convenience and comfort, but it's a side of #vanlife people tend to gloss over. The initial investment is usually only the beginning...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It seems I failed to properly winterize my brand new water heater and now it's broken. I am really disappointed in myself, but it was a rush job that obviously shouldn't be rushed. Not sure if I can fix it, if someone else can fix it, or if I get to spend another $425 on a new one.

I was hoping it was just a busted water filter housing, but nope. All my pipes survived, just not the filter and heater.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It seems I failed to properly winterize my brand new water heater and now it's broken. I am really disappointed in myself, but it was a rush job that obviously shouldn't be rushed. Not sure if I can fix it, if someone else can fix it, or if I get to spend another $425 on a new one.

I was hoping it was just a busted water filter housing, but nope. All my pipes survived, just not the filter and heater.
"Buy a camper van," they said. :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It really does. I've spent less building than buying, but the headache and effort are greater.
That's always true. But (1) you will know that vehicle inside out, which most buyers can't say (making DIY improvements and field repairs a bigger challenge) and (2) particularly in your case, you've got a truly unique vehicle, which counts for something. Which reminds me, it's been a bit seen we've seen pics of that glorious beast... :wait:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's always true. But (1) you will know that vehicle inside out, which most buyers can't say (making DIY improvements and field repairs a bigger challenge) and (2) particularly in your case, you've got a truly unique vehicle, which counts for something. Which reminds me, it's been a bit seen we've seen pics of that glorious beast... :wait:
I keep the build folder mostly up to date and Google keeps it chronologically ordered so you can see my mistakes. :rofl: