Quantcast

Campers

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
RTFM

Found a loose clear water hose coming off the water pump sticking out of the kitchen slide. OH shit moment, could not see where it connected. Grabbed the manual. AH Ha its a hose that lets you use the water pump to take antifreeze out of jugs and pump it into the waterlines for winterization. A feature my last Camper did not have. I now have secured it out of the way.
20220904_125421.jpg
20220904_125431.jpg

The switch in the dual dome light over the bed in my 2013 R-Pod 171 failed. Went to the dealer, original light is no longer available. Manufacturer recommended an Optronics RVILL34P, so I ordered one. Not satisfied with it because it’s incandescent spectrum and a different form factor than the original.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The switch in the dual dome light over the bed in my 2013 R-Pod 171 failed. Went to the dealer, original light is no longer available. Manufacturer recommended an Optronics RVILL34P, so I ordered one. Not satisfied with it because it’s incandescent spectrum and a different form factor than the original.
Used these in the coach, worked well, assuming they are similar

Leisure LED 5 Pack 12V Led RV Ceiling Dome Light RV Interior Lighting for Trailer Camper with Switch, Single Dome 300LM (Natural White 4000-4500K, 5-Pack) https://a.co/d/32OLnPE

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looking at installing this after I finish the water heater and propane tank. It's only 25# and uses less than 10A. It's basically a fancy swap cooler but had gotten great "vanlife" reviews. It's about $2k all in. The other option is the Dometic RTX 1000 and it's 75# and $2500. Crazy?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Looks cool to me. But if you’ve ever had a swamp cooler you know they don’t work when humid. I didn’t see it’s water consumption though, can’t imagine it would be much.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks cool to me. But if you’ve ever had a swamp cooler you know they don’t work when humid. I didn’t see it’s water consumption though, can’t imagine it would be much.
The tank is 18l and is said to run for 12 hours. It doesn't get all that humid here, at least not what I think as humid. I like the idea of it being 17 pounds because my roof isn't hardcore. The aluminum is paper thin and the cross bracing is minimal.

I put a 3/4 piece of plywood under each of my fans, I would likely do the same for this.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
slowly loading tuff into the new camper. It has way less storage space inside than our old one. I am only loading the: Yep we use this every trip stuff and the wife's bathroom supplies ( all I need is a bar of soap, razor toothbush and toothpaste BO Juice).

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Because my fuel tank sprung a leak while I was down there, I only got the passenger side done. It's the side that was sagging, so that's good. Drivers side will be next weekend, in the rain, likely. New leafs, shackles and U bolts along with the heavy shock.

PXL_20220911_215323835~2.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Had the camper out for the first time last night. everything worked great except for the water system. only got dribble from the faucet. Black gunk out of the shower head. Then I remembered that the camper had been sitting in storage for a few years. The Valves were in the correct position, tank had water. So I RTFM. Check strainer between fresh water tank and water pump. Bingo solid algae plug. cleaned it and water system works. I bet the tank is disgusting. I'm going to nuke it and the lines with Clorox and do multiple system flushes
20220911_183225.jpg
20220911_183614.jpg
20220911_183620.jpg
20220911_184049.jpg

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
On hot days the foot odor smell is pretty bad. I had 4x6 rug in the living area. For most of the day it was in the direct sun. I put it in the porta jon outhouse I have for the summer. Now the porta jon smells like feet. But my living area still smells like feet. Just not as bad. Darryl and his other brother Darryl want to rip up the OSB flooring and replace it with pine planks. They promise me it will fix the problem. The Haier remote AC they gave me works like a champ. It has a dehumidifier function that works awesome. Barely uses any power. And somehow cools the place off. Taking the garbage home after the weekend is problematic. I refuse to be a dumper and make my garbage somebody else's problem. The coons are getting aggressive, and something needs to be done. After a weekend no garbage can be left behind. I have a porcupine problem also.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd love to spend > a quarter mill on a sprinter...not

edit this is pretty bad ass, except for the fuel costs.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
^my 460 gets about 10 mpg loaded or unloaded. FTS for a backcountry camp rig…

eta: sounds like a burly bullet proof rig. 33s on wontons should be indestructible…

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The new camper has lots more living space but much less storage space. Paring shit down is a PITA.
We don't have that much crap yet. Initially I was going to do a ton of storage, but ended up really liking the openness not having upper cabinets. I have two drawers, one overhead cabinet and the wardrobe cabinet. I'm still needing to build my outdoor storage for the jacks, park blocks, sewer pipe and that crap. But the goal was 3-4 days and it seems to work.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
We don't have that much crap yet. Initially I was going to do a ton of storage, but ended up really liking the openness not having upper cabinets. I have two drawers, one overhead cabinet and the wardrobe cabinet. I'm still needing to build my outdoor storage for the jacks, park blocks, sewer pipe and that crap. But the goal was 3-4 days and it seems to work.
we had two wardrobes now we have one and we lost 75% of our pantry space (read beer and chips storage).

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
we had two wardrobes now we have one and we lost 75% of our pantry space (read beer and chips storage).
Yeah, we don't really fill the one wardrobe I built. My backpack fits on the bottom shelf. :rofl:

I am remaking the kitchen cabinets a little larger and once I have the grey water tank installed in the kitchen then that frees up space under the sink.

I am also rebuilding the battery box. I originally made it a cool drawer, but it's kind of pointless as a drawer. So I will just make it a box with a hinged lid and make a shelf to mount the inverter.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Our trailer came with blank panels behind the doors of what would have been the under sink cabinet. I removed them to find the outdoor fridge behind one, thats now has small, spice rack style shelves. The other side was a cabinet side open void with a couple wires running and plumbing thru it. I re-routed the wires, and made covers for the plumbing, and now we have a large under sink cabinet.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would like 2 coney dogs with mustard and a bananna split plz sir.
What's really sad is I purchased all this 7/19 and it's been sitting on a shelf waiting for me to install it.

My original goal for the whole build was 18 months, but a lot has happened since this project started and it might finally get "done" by Spring.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Upgraded the rearview camera system for the camper and horse trailer. My old 2 camera analog system worked well but I wanted to add a 3rd camera on the back of the horse trailer for lane changes and backing and the only way to do that was a new digital system. The old system had separate transmitters from the monitor and the cameras. the new system has the transmitters integrated into the monitor and camera bodies. It's a much cleaner install.

20220920_172639.jpg
20220920_172726.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends had their son's graduation party at my spot. Mom and dad stayed in my place. They rented campers and utilized my property. Fun was had by all. They donated the party tent. It's pretty cool. has screens and everything. The yinzers are down there tonight. I have to improve the heating system. Even at full blast inside temp struggles below 50d.