Quantcast

Campers

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I paid $450 for both of mine. This is much more reasonable.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The Suburban SW6DE water heater in my R-Pod is reaching end of life. It has been reliable, so I'm inclined to get the same thing.

Any other suggestions or recommendations?
There really isn't anything out there that is significantly superior to the standard like you have. Tankless in an RV isnt there yet with the tech as they clog up and burn out in no time with hard water and sediment. your suburban will always have plentiful thermostats and anodes in stock Everywhere for very few shekels, not to mention it is a direct fit.

There really isn't anything out there that is significantly superior to the standard like you have. Tankless in an RV isnt there yet with the tech as they clog up and burn out in no time with hard water and sediment. your suburban will always have plentiful thermostats and anodes in stock Everywhere for very few shekels, not to mention it is a direct fit.
1719138860251.png

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife was following me from the storage unit and asked "Has that thing always hung way down in the back? That doesn't look like much clearance."

She was looking at the differential. :rofl:

And yes, it's always hung down like that and nothing I can do about it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The CO/Propane detector end of lifed itself. Alarm goes off every 5 seconds until you hit the reset button. that gives you 72 hours until it goes off again. Took ten days to arrive from date of order from TN (has to go ground). best part was the uninstall install. 2 screws, pull off wall, clip two wires, spice in new unit and screw back into wall 5 minutes max, of course it cost $130

old unit
20240624_185119.jpg

new unit
Screenshot_20240624-185230_Photos.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends Mom gave me her camper. I picked it up and took it to my spot. Spent 1 night in it. Foot order smell was awful. Couldn't find the source. Took it to the scrap yard and got $450 without the title.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So RecPro gave me a refund for my other water heater, so I think I will get the referb since the original worked without a hitch until it blew up.

The Fogatti was $350 shipped, so $100 less and it worked before I blew it up.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Right? Nobody wants to overspend on cardboard construction.
I knew their stuff was shit before covid but in the last couple of years, it has gotten even worse. Zero insulation, staples for fasteners, 1/8" paneling for shear walls, the Thinnest roof membrane possible with no sealants, zero outlet boxes, bare wires with no wire nuts, 2k lb axles on 6k lb trailers. But yet its the consumers fault nobody wants to buy their crap

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can hardly think of another product/industry where you pay such a premium for a gigantic hunk of shit.
Layout was the major driving force behind the decision to build vs buy, but construction quality was the final straw.

@gonefirefightin I'm sure you missed out on Joe's horse trailer fiasco. He figured he could just extend the existing living space to convert it to a full trailer. He ended up guting the whole thing then sold it for a loss when he sold the house. The floor was rotten, the plumbing and wiring were a hot mess, it was a disaster. I told him it was a horrible idea, but I also told him that 4 wives ago. :rofl: