Quantcast

Campers

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oil change is $100. $65 for filter and 2 gallons of 15/40 synthetic blend, $35 for Fast Lube to do the thing. I am told 7k-10k between changes, see how many miles we do this year and next, I guess.

Wife hitting the campground first thing Thursday to cop a squat by the river and I deliver the truck after work. Might WFH Friday, might drive the wife's rig to the office. See how it goes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hotter that shit here today. It hit 100* in the shade. My camper was in direct sunlight all day..
I am so glad that I remembered to bring the reflectix cover panels for the windows and shades they helped AC keep the inside of the camper at a pleasant 69*. So far as of 6:41 it has dropped down to 94*. No way I'm going for ride at twilight on the shoulderless roads on a friday evening so if it gets cool enough I will put the bike on the trainer that I brought along and get in a half of of cardio in addition to the 7 miles I walked around the show grounds today

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
IMG_20190711_203028~2.jpg

Still a lot of work to do, but she is functional and awesome. 186 mile round trip, 55-60 (except for 45 on the big ass climb) and zero issues. The wife was happy that we could secure it both at night and when we were out.

The door and stairs will be a huge improvement and I am moving her seat back another 6" or so for foot room. This trip was not only a ton of fun, but very motivating to finish her out to full function.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
View attachment 135601

Still a lot of work to do, but she is functional and awesome. 186 mile round trip, 55-60 (except for 45 on the big ass climb) and zero issues. The wife was happy that we could secure it both at night and when we were out.

The door and stairs will be a huge improvement and I am moving her seat back another 6" or so for foot room. This trip was not only a ton of fun, but very motivating to finish her out to full function.
Breadvans are fucking awesome.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
View attachment 135601

Pretty cool! Where is the Pizza Oven?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is there a shitter in your bread van?
Not yet. Kitchen cabinets first, then fresh water, gray water, and black water tanks,. Then shitter, water heater, and shower last. I hope to have the shitter done before end of year. I would really like it to be done by Spring, but that is lofty both time and $$$ wise.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
one thing i have noticed in some of these conversions......how much shit two people think they need to cook with....

two plates...two knives....two forks....two spoons....two mugs...two cups....2 good sized pots.....large/small serving spoon....tongs...spatula....frying pan/large....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
linkQuote_1.jpg

Here is the quote my coworker got for their Sprinter build. They went with slightly larger batteries, so the final build was closer to $30k.

So without the cost of van and no toilet, about $14k more than mine built. I feel pretty good about that. :D

<Edit> 200W solar and 200ah lithium batteries. So half my solar, same usable storage, only lithium.

Last edited: