Quantcast

Campers

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Adventure Trailers Summit Habitat popup. 350 lbs (as compared to the 1,200-1,600 lb payload on the Jeep Gladiator).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As I was about to button up my wiring, I decided I am redoing it all. I used "zip wire" because it was convenient, but it's crap. The smaller gauge wires either crush when crimping or come uncrimped. I have ordered all new colored primary wire in 14 and 16 awg and will wire everything color coded with marine grade wire. $40 but I feel a whole lot better. And I need to run a wire for the water heater and pump. So I can get ALL my wires done. I will use these new solder heat shrink connectors and this bitch will be tight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I feel like ive outgrown my camper. Its just kinda small now with the two kids. Lusting after a 25 foot twin bed airstream. So fucking pricey but not slab sided fiberglass covered in tribal tattoos, so probably worth it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I feel like ive outgrown my camper. Its just kinda small now with the two kids. Lusting after a 25 foot twin bed airstream. So fucking pricey but not slab sided fiberglass covered in tribal tattoos, so probably worth it.
We are leaning the other way...when our kiddo no longer will camp with us, we are either going smaller or going to a decked out Sprinter type thing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Does it only have 28k miles because it's too far between local gas stations to make it anywhere with the fuel economy it gets?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Seriously. For the price of gas you could rent a goddam condo/hotel everywhere you might want to go. Because, let's face it, you ain't gettin' that monstrosity "off the beaten path" anywhere...
Especially since it's a 4 x 6. Nothing like unloading the adjacent drive axle to get one stuck quicker.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just did the back-of-the-napkin math on that. With that base price, you could rent a $1500/mo apartment for THIRTY-TWO FUCKING YEARS.

And I'd wager $1500/mo would get you a decent flat almost anywhere in the WORLD, save some downtowns of a few really expensive places...
And yet, you wouldn't have a Ford F550 with carbon fiber camper on it. This has serious solar and battery power, too. A flat downtown doesn't do much for you during an apocalypse. Just saying.

<edit> And if you have $750k to drop on a camper, my guess is you are pretty well set elsewhere. Like park it at your chalet in Vail. :rofl:

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
And yet, you wouldn't have a Ford F550 with carbon fiber camper on it. This has serious solar and battery power, too. A flat downtown doesn't do much for you during an apocalypse. Just saying.
Is this really what people are buying this shit for? 'Cause seems once your F550 is outta gas... you're kinda hosed, no?

<edit> And if you have $750k to drop on a camper, my guess is you are pretty well set elsewhere. Like park it at your chalet in Vail. :rofl:
Yeah - I suspect you're right - most of it is probably just rich-people dick-waving. NTTAWWT