Quantcast

Campers

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Almost every uhaul place does propane fills in California
Yep, Uhaul was my main supplier across the country. Otherwise select gas stations will do filling, Tractor Supply, places that supply gas bottles for residential use, some RV parks/campgrounds, there's no shortage of filling stations.

Only time the exchange makes sense is when the bottle is either approaching the end of its certification, or is in rough visual/physical condition.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Yep, Uhaul was my main supplier across the country. Otherwise select gas stations will do filling, Tractor Supply, places that supply gas bottles for residential use, some RV parks/campgrounds, there's no shortage of filling stations.

Only time the exchange makes sense is when the bottle is either approaching the end of its certification, or is in rough visual/physical condition.
but then you can get a crappy one that leaks sometimes. I like haveing good stuff that the public hasn’t fucked with.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Winterized this weekend:
Cleaned interior, cupboards, fridge
Fresh, gray, and black tanks empty
Drained the hot tank and replaced the plug/anode finger tight
Removed water filter and replaced housing (will bypass in the spring and use a filter at the water supply)
Closed in and out valves on hot tank
Pumped anti-freeze to low-point drains, hot and cold on all faucets, toilet, and outdoor shower
Poured anti-freeze in drains to fill traps
Pulled batteries to store at the house

First time, what did I miss?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I like the idea. Outside storage for bikes, at least when dismantled. AWD Ecoboost Transit platform. Insulation. 3 solar panels and factory lithium.

For people traveling with 2 or 3 with an adequate budget for it it seems great.
Starting At: $163,662

Sure.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

I like the idea. Outside storage for bikes, at least when dismantled. AWD Ecoboost Transit platform. Insulation. 3 solar panels and factory lithium.

I like the idea and a lot of the features, but that interior looks like really cheap crap for $170k. I think the Revel looks more ‘luxe’. I could see It if these were rentals, though.
i like that the master bedroom closes off, that would make life when one person goes to bed before the other much nicer.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Will that gear garage area fit 2-3 actual bikes though, or just the 1992 Schwinn they show in the pictures?

Cool concept, the sleeping arrangements are a deal breaker though IMHO. That twin beds connected kind of with a throw pillow is lame, and there should be a bunk over the driver/passenger seat like a typical Class C.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Agreed. Although the popup as the extra bed is a cool concept on the first floorplan.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Are you done with Frita? Can we get an update?
The last pieces to purchase are the 2 fans, the water heater, and grey water tanks. I have the propane tank and a plan for that.

Amber (my old Silverado) dying put a dent in the budget. But the wife made me promise I would get that stuff for Frita before starting the golf cart project.

I still have to redo the front suspension (I have all the parts, it's just work) and I noticed when she was in Eugene that she sags slightly on the right side. So leaf springs might also be in order as well as all new shocks since the KYB's are getting their asses kicked.

The week in Eugene was a great test. The battery situation was concerning, so I need to add a better monitor.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Really it all comes down to money and time. I hate the wall board and flooring I did. I am redoing the walls, not sure if I am redoing the floor yet. But the "snap in" planks suck ass. Should have done the peel and stick.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Talked with the wife, laid out what was left and she agreed we should just do it now. So I will order the fans and water heater next week and start plotting the grey tanks. With any luck she will be ready sans shower by April.