Quantcast

Campers

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Anything you do in this regard is liable to add sufficient weight to be a problem.
Not necessarily if it's some kind of FRP like adventurous said. I was poking underneath there yesterday and there's step in the frame I'd never noticed that's there to give the ass end higher clearance. I might not do this until summer for next winter. I'm going box a section that's underneath of the beds that gets cold as hell but I may just throw a bunch of shit on the floor under some rugs this year and not deal with the rest of it.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh, so YOU are the guy taking up all of the spaces at Trader Joe’s...
Naw that's the Ambulance parking lot at work. I was out putting the 50 miles on the rear wheels so I could check the torque when I got a call that one of the rigs would not start. I carry jumper cables. Got the ambulance started and dropped it off at the mechanics then shuttled the crew back to the office for another rig.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
more so to insure adequate tire cooling by airflow under heavy load and to eliminate the possibility of the tire sidewalls rubbing each other and causing damage

You do know that will put extra stress on your axles? Will also make you more likely to push the front end vs sliding the rear, which may be a good thing considering your Center of Gravity.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You do know that will put extra stress on your axles? Will also make you more likely to push the front end vs sliding the rear, which may be a good thing considering your Center of Gravity.
I wonder how much extra stress and what the real world impact would be. Not sure what year his is, but the GAWR on an F350 dually is 8,250 lbs, so he should still have margin, even with the camper + horse trailer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder how much extra stress and what the real world impact would be. Not sure what year his is, but the GAWR on an F350 dually is 8,250 lbs, so he should still have margin, even with the camper + horse trailer.

Yeah, no idea where he is in regards to capacity, just that there will be more stress.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got mice, WTF. There isn't anything in Frita, but the hole where the water comes in seems to be the only access point. Cleaning out tomorrow and setting traps, ugh.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I got mice, WTF. There isn't anything in Frita, but the hole where the water comes in seems to be the only access point. Cleaning out tomorrow and setting traps, ugh.
Stuff the hole with scouring pads and I have also had good luck with getting some whole cloves in a nylon or mesh baggie (make your own if the mrs. has a pair of nylons she's getting rid of), crush them up a little and adding those to entry points (you could probably dush ground cloves on the scouring pads too). Smells a hell of a lot better than those moth balls and deters the critters.