Quantcast

Campers

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Agreed. Not to mention the hazards of peeing in a bottle in your tent.
certain locals and temperatures I’m doing this anyway. It would be more comparable to pee in a bottle in your bed. Those roof top things are all bed right?

pissing off the second floor of your camper while awesome I’m sure is less than ideal due to splashing of piss dirt. Nothing saves the space a ladder takes up like an elevator.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
certain locals and temperatures I’m doing this anyway. It would be more comparable to pee in a bottle in your bed. Those roof top things are all bed right?

pissing off the second floor of your camper while awesome I’m sure is less than ideal due to splashing of piss dirt. Nothing saves the space a ladder takes up like an elevator.
I'd do it on a solo trip but my girl wouldn't be too happy even if we got one of those lady pee funnels.

It has the potential to get quite interesting in a wind storm...
Right? Super top heavy. Needs automatic fold-out buttresses.

Also don't discount the amount of space required for the lifting hardware, would definitely take up some precious space downstairs. Heck even those bed lifts take a lot of room.

I'd do it on a solo trip but my girl wouldn't be too happy even if we got one of those lady pee funnels.

Right? Super top heavy. Needs automatic fold-out buttresses.

Also don't discount the amount of space required for the lifting hardware, would definitely take up some precious space downstairs. Heck even those bed lifts take a lot of room.
I noticed the size of the lift columns.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Every couple of years I refinish the cabinetry in my 2008 Lance 1055. The Dry bath Cabinets just got the refinish. They were looking a bit worse for wear and tear. A few minutes with the orbital sander followed by some red oak stain has them looking like new.

IMG_20210220_085931716~2.jpg
IMG_20210220_095213200.jpg
IMG_20210220_093643144~2.jpg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
if I was building a van....I would buy this...

I actually used a ton of it in my last RV and just a few days ago bought a whole slew more to use on the new coach. Most of it will be used in the belly making drawers and cabinets on the slider trays as well as making drawers in some of the larger cabinets. The stuff is really rigid if you build it right.

I particularly like the fact you can buy it in big sticks, cut it with a chop saw and really create custom stuff with it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
question....

any transit/sprinter van owners know of anyone cutting a sunroof in one....

gonefirefightin

free wieners
question....

any transit/sprinter van owners know of anyone cutting a sunroof in one....
Ive done a couple for folks, it’s actually easier than installing a window in a house. Layout is key and getting the cut as close to a good fit as possible before scuffing and sealing it. I prefer the sandwich type rather than the drop in and dual pane is a must.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been doing research to update the MS-DOS era engine and chassis management software on my coach and found blue fire

https://bluefire-llc.com/website

with the use of a tablet it allows way more features, tech and modernization with a purchase of the Bluetooth diagnostic adapter and the free app download. Seems it works on tons of rigs.

Does it have a Jitterbug compatible app?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Think about that for a second. The whole purpose of a solar panel is to capture photons and turn them into electricity. If you can see through it photons are passing through so what would that do to the panels efficiency profile?
The best panels are still only <30% efficient, the photons don’t ‘turn into’ electrons, and... never mind.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I’m a little sad to see this thing go. Lots of good memories with it. But the market is hot, sold it in 48 hrs for 2k under what we paid new after 7 years.
7DFD0195-E378-458B-A2E1-1115FCE286D1.jpeg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Quick little break-in weekend in the coach, Was able to De-winterize and run all the systems. First time I have ever had a dishwasher in an RV and have to say I am not going back. The washer and dryer unit is going to be upgraded from the combo unit to a stackable set soon and am currently sourcing airplay TV's and updating the interior and exterior sound systems.
155386013_116393040493763_8596996486610809809_n.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Quick little break-in weekend in the coach, Was able to De-winterize and run all the systems. First time I have ever had a dishwasher in an RV and have to say I am not going back. The washer and dryer unit is going to be upgraded from the combo unit to a stackable set soon and am currently sourcing airplay TV's and updating the interior and exterior sound systems.View attachment 157249
Lets call it what it is

"Land Yacht"