Quantcast

Campers

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
You tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night. :D
My camper was built in 2007. I have replaced the sink faucet (oem sucked) the mattress (did not wat to sleep in previous owners body dents) 2 vent covers UV degradation , Back awning weather and UV, Fridge cooling unit after 13.5 years. Nothing else has broke, failed or leaked. I use the rig over 100 nights per year since I got it in 2010

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That is called maintenance, at least once a year you should always inspect and reapply lap sealant to prevent leaks and damage. look at it like changing the oil and doing a lube job on your car
The vent in my bathroom leaks. Bad. Its all modular. One piece. It cannot be used in cold weather. If you shower and use hot water of any sort. You need to properly time your exit from the Stall to into the camper interior as the cold will rush in and freeze your ass off until the camper can recapture enough heat for any level of comfort. Hours usually. Left the campsite today. Used the Ford to get up our hill. Pretty sketchy on the turns. Leaves kind of helped. Hunters everywhere. Somebody left the key in the gator. Good thing as I forgot mine. Solar panel from Central Tractor worked like a Champ. No more generator for me. RV guy said my battery cannot be serviced. So I ordered a new one from Central Tactor.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Speaking of Maintenance, we haven't had to use our fresh tank much, as all the campgrounds we have gone to have water hookups. I was flushing out the black and grey tanks and decided to do the same to the fresh. I got a nice little squirt of Algea when I opened the drain... Time for some bleach or vinegar....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Harbor Freight Ceramic heater is working like a champ. 67f tonight. Beers are cold. Bong worked well. Made a big pot of Zatarians Jambalaya with Kielbasa. I put corn and jalapenos in it also. Saved some for lunch. Celebratory ride on the bridgestone tomorrow after breakfast.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Speaking of Maintenance, we haven't had to use our fresh tank much, as all the campgrounds we have gone to have water hookups. I was flushing out the black and grey tanks and decided to do the same to the fresh. I got a nice little squirt of Algea when I opened the drain... Time for some bleach or vinegar....
Yeah, having not used the truck at all this year, I'm a little scared of what's in the bottom of the fresh tank. I will be pulling it out, I'm sure.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Presuming my not remaining lit burner issue was somehow both thermocouples gone bad at the same time I located and purchased the last two I could find in stock on the planet.

Just pulled apart one burner, fitted the replacement thermocouple and.......the fucker still goes out when you release the burner knob (even after holding it in for 30 seconds while lit).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wasted 30 minutes with an RV repair guy who spent 15 minutes on hold with Dometic and 5 minutes chatting with their tech person before the call dropped.

Their recommendation was it sounded like a thermocouple issue....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So do I keep swapping other parts?
Buy a like-for-like stovetop?
Buy a different model of similar size to the hole that's in the countertop?

:/

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wasted 30 minutes with an RV repair guy who spent 15 minutes on hold with Dometic and 5 minutes chatting with their tech person before the call dropped.

Their recommendation was it sounded like a thermocouple issue....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You try the other thermocouple? Maybe you got a bad one out of the box?

gonefirefightin

free wieners

New cooktops range from 90-200 bucks so it may be a better option just to swap out to something that may work better than the stock config anyways. There are modular types that allow you to create a cooktop for your specific needs. If the RV sat for a long time the gas system may be plugged with insects/spiders since they are attracted to the mercaptan in LPG. If the system is plugged you will need to pull the regulators on each end and blow out the system with compressed air against a piece of cardboard to see what comes out. Some peeps get rid of the cooktop all-together and replace it with a cutting board and just go with a portable stove.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Asked my bud Adam if he could fix my Fan. Him and his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl made the trip. They fixed it up. The CO2 detector and the stove are fixed now too. They had the proper regulator to fix the gas distribution problem. I bought a gas grill regulator instead of the one I actually needed. I gave them permission to hunt our land. They put up hay bales to block the wind. I now have a pallet porch also. Can't wait to see it.
Container-Office-4.jpg

Considering putting down a slab and upgrading to this. Avendi sells them locally.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Asked my bud Adam if he could fix my Fan. Him and his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl made the trip. They fixed it up. The CO2 detector and the stove are fixed now too. They had the proper regulator to fix the gas distribution problem. I bought a gas grill regulator instead of the one I actually needed. I gave them permission to hunt our land. They put up hay bales to block the wind. I now have a pallet porch also. Can't wait to see it.View attachment 168707
Considering putting down a slab and upgrading to this. Avendi sells them locally.
I lived in them while in Iraq/Afghanistan, They get a bit warm in the summer and a bit chilly in the winter. Good climate control is a must. But rodent free and quiet, also acts like a tin foil hat and possibly farday cage for all your bugout wet dreemz

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I lived in them while in Iraq/Afghanistan, They get a bit warm in the summer and a bit chilly in the winter. Good climate control is a must. But rodent free and quiet, also acts like a tin foil hat and possibly farday cage for all your bugout wet dreemz
No bug out dreams for me. Thats my brother's responsibility. Porch is very cool. Have not tested out the new Fan. The work looks top notch. I bought Darryl a new phone. His got broken on the Job. I didn't pay them for the materials and parts. The rest of them were happy with the Beer and Weed I left them. Would not take any cash. They left behind the bottle of jack I left them. They ate none of my food either. Weird folks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I have been wanting see one with a spray foamed exterior. Seems like it would look terrible but be cozy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You don't need a permit for that type of construction.

I was hoping he was going to put those pontoons on it and try to make a houseboat. Reports are that the second story is a recording studio. The spirit of grunge is alive.

Also if you had some recording equipment stolen, I have a lead.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Found the new Yeti filled with Food and Beer. My guests gave it to me as a gift. New stove works like a champ. Put away the Coleman. CO2 alarm has not gone off once. Batteries were at 80% after a week. Storm window A frame over the Solar panels held up the windstorm. I have enough room to store my Gas Can and the propane tank under it. I have to wait until the spring before I can pour a slab for the Shipping container. The Military spec container with glycol heating and cooling system is not available to my location.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Found the new Yeti filled with Food and Beer. My guests gave it to me as a gift. New stove works like a champ. Put away the Coleman. CO2 alarm has not gone off once. Batteries were at 80% after a week. Storm window A frame over the Solar panels held up the windstorm. I have enough room to store my Gas Can and the propane tank under it. I have to wait until the spring before I can pour a slab for the Shipping container. The Military spec container with glycol heating and cooling system is not available to my location.
Have it shipped to a legal location for the seller then have it hauled to where you want by a trucking company