Quantcast

Campers

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Half camper half tent, but this is a cool read.

"I drove my Jeep around Africa through 35 countries. These are some of my favourite photos." https://imgur.com/gallery/sfczb7P

Not sure that a Jeep would be my first choice to travel there with, but I guess if it's built correctly...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^

i hope it has a healthy engine.

about 22 years a go when i had first moved to colorado i went to a vw show at bandimere speedway and there were a couple westies there.....one with a subaru swap.....and one with a audi V6 lurking in the back....and one with a 1.8L gas engine in the back.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Interesting item

I might get one of these, seems those little tanks are getting more expensive, I swear I used to get 2 for 4 bucks at Walmart. Now they are like 9 bucks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Interesting item

I was checking that out. I uncovered the truck and brought it home today to get my plumbing ran and subfloor installed. We use the small cans for the camp grill.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Got my floor insulation in and my subfloor fitted. Got my pipes cut and test fit, still need to cut the floor so the pipes are a little high on that side. But they will be attached to the baseboard.

I used 1x2 to make a channel for the pipes and I will have covers I can remove without pulling the whole floor. There will be a T about a foot over the wheel well for the kitchen sink, then toilet, sink, and shower on the driver's side.

IMG_20200321_174534.jpg

IMG_20200321_174606.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, are prices on super-trick Sprinters going to go down because they are pricey, superfluous toys, or are they going to go up because people will need to sell their homes and live in them?
I don’t know which one to bet on.
but surely they aren’t much good to most people right now.

Got my floor insulation in and my subfloor fitted. Got my pipes cut and test fit, still need to cut the floor so the pipes are a little high on that side. But they will be attached to the baseboard.

I used 1x2 to make a channel for the pipes and I will have covers I can remove without pulling the whole floor. There will be a T about a foot over the wheel well for the kitchen sink, then toilet, sink, and shower on the driver's side.

View attachment 142326

View attachment 142327
About time you got back to work, boy!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
So, are prices on super-trick Sprinters going to go down because they are pricey, superfluous toys, or are they going to go up because people will need to sell their homes and live in them?
I don’t know which one to bet on.
but surely they aren’t much good to most people right now.
My guess it that it will be a mix. Some people will be forced to sell, I suppose. But I expect that most people who own the really nice ones are probably not going to be as desperate. I understand trying to find a deal but buying a van like this is never going to be a good financial move.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My guess it that it will be a mix. Some people will be forced to sell, I suppose. But I expect that most people who own the really nice ones are probably not going to be as desperate. I understand trying to find a deal but buying a van like this is never going to be a good financial move.
The deals on any large property will be a year or three out from now, as the various kinds of damage from this pandemic trickle down. See my joke to @Westy about the probate system earlier this week.

We shouldn't be trying to shop for random deals at Costco at the moment: attn @stoney . Hold your tits, make sure your own shit is in order, and wait. And wait.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The deals on any large property will be a year or three out from now, as the various kinds of damage from this pandemic trickle down. See my joke to @Westy about the probate system earlier this week.

We shouldn't be trying to shop for random deals at Costco at the moment: attn @stoney . Hold your tits, make sure your own shit is in order, and wait. And wait.
I have a feeling they will start showing up and larger soon...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, we just want to upgrade from a tow behind, and there might be some motivated sellers out there....
I would think that some are similar to a Corvette. Someone has some extra cash and it seems cool, so they buy one only to have and never really use it. Then decide to sell it for what they can get to just be done, or buy a boat or something next. I bet there are used ones that were $100k+ new for $40k. But I haven't looked.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Oh yeah, no hurry here. There won’t even be a van-life season this year, unless you already live in one. Might get really tough to be a van lifer right now.
My Vanlifing friends had to emergency exit Mehico, and zoom up to Canaderp in 8 days. Now all gyms and laundromats are closed in BC, so they had to rent an apartment.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I would think that some are similar to a Corvette. Someone has some extra cash and it seems cool, so they buy one only to have and never really use it. Then decide to sell it for what they can get to just be done, or buy a boat or something next. I bet there are used ones that were $100k+ new for $40k. But I haven't looked.
but as stated above, if everyone defaults on their mortgages, they can live in their (paid off?) Sprinter toy. If they can find somewhere where they won't be run outta town...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
but as stated above, if everyone defaults on their mortgages, they can live in their (paid off?) Sprinter toy. If they can find somewhere where they won't be run outta town...
I am talking about the older crowd who likely have no need or use but bought one or had one built because others did.

But I see some shops resell them for customers, so you would not likely find a deal there.