Quantcast

Campers

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
^Allegedly that Tacos camper box is under the max payload of the truck. The fact that the rear suspension is sagged, but not completely collapsed tells me that’s probably true.

Still a terrible platform to build a fancy camper on, and that particular one is a very half assed SEMA special.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
^Allegedly that Tacos camper box is under the max payload of the truck. The fact that the rear suspension is sagged, but not completely collapsed tells me that’s probably true.

Still a terrible platform to build a fancy camper on, and that particular one is a very half assed SEMA special.
Oh I don't doubt that they put stiffer leafs on it so that it doesn't wheelie. But still.........I've had the bed off my tacoma.........this is not a truck.

I know you can appreciate the winch and snorkle on that thing. Almost like it's going to go somewhere :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Adam and his brother cut out all the subfloor and replaced it. His girlfriend cleaned all the inside out so I threw them a extra Hundred and the shop vac. The instructions (They read them) for the flooring requires primer on top of the Plywood. I backed off on them doing it as I may have to move the heater vents before I install the floor. They took all the garbage with them. Very nice people.

They came by today with a skid steer and fixed all the Ruts on the road that we made. They cut out the steep part of the road so now I have no problems getting up the hill of death. Nothing can be done about the turn before the steep runout that is the hill of death sadly.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
currently parked blocking my driveway by some couple in their 20s who's daddy works for google asking the neighbors 'where are the outsides in the woods with the stuffs in the pictures?'
Sounds like you need a demo saw to clear a path to/from your driveway.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Manifold between the fridge and stove needed to be replaced. The brakeline Swage kit did not work as planned. Leaked like a mofo. Harbor freight swage kit worked better. Still leaked. New manifold on amazon will be here tomorrow. Harbor freight swage kit will work? Hope so...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Eigth day out on the road. Swapped in my spare (3rd) propane tank and did a exchange with the empty ( no nearby fill spots) supposed to rain this afternoon. We found a nearby Total wine store and ended up buying 3 cases of beer. One for me two for her.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Made a little progress on the battery upgrade. Went with Renogy AGMs, seemed like the best cost to performance ratio. Just need Jeff Bezos to hurry up and deliver my wire to reconnect the solar, and need to sandblast the battery hold down at work Monday then this thing will be ready for thanksgiving.
8A7638D1-16E0-4A99-95C6-AE70C7B171A3.jpeg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Made a little progress on the battery upgrade. Went with Renogy AGMs, seemed like the best cost to performance ratio. Just need Jeff Bezos to hurry up and deliver my wire to reconnect the solar, and need to sandblast the battery hold down at work Monday then this thing will be ready for thanksgiving.
717E67AB-9610-41E6-A25C-6D72737FF907.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Floor tiles were easy to install and cut. Painting the floor worked like a champ. New regulator was quiet and the heater maintained a good temp. Quiet and warm. Blankets and cushions worked well also. Stove is a pain in the ass prefer the camp stove instead. Did all the work myself. Punched in the vent fan pipe for the stove. Have no baking plans so I can live with it. Would not attempt again. No longer smells like cigarettes and ass. Thankfully. Plugged mouse holes also. Harbor freight Solar Panel worked good.

Last edited:

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
What do you guys think of this battery? My buddy bought it a few months ago, and has since upgraded to 2 6v batteries. I can have it for $100. The current battery in my trailer is the cheapie stock battery, and it wont even keep the fridge on overnight.

Do you guys think the battery my buddy is selling would work long enough to keep my fridges on overnight? I have a 2021 Wolfpup 16BHS. https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/travel-trailers/wolf-pup/16BHS/1330

65885984792__AB80B273-C4CD-44A6-928E-FDC15AD77814.jpeg

What do you guys think of this battery? My buddy bought it a few months ago, and has since upgraded to 2 6v batteries. I can have it for $100. The current battery in my trailer is the cheapie stock battery, and it wont even keep the fridge on overnight.

Do you guys think the battery my buddy is selling would work long enough to keep my fridges on overnight? I have a 2021 Wolfpup 16BHS. https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/travel-trailers/wolf-pup/16BHS/1330

View attachment 167564
How much current does the refrigerator draw?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

View attachment 167564
While that is a 100Ah battery, you don't have 100 Ah of actual use. Without damaging the battery irreversibly, lead acid is usually good down to ~50% of the stated capacity. So your 100 Ah of capacity has a usable capacity of 50Ah.

Provided nothing is amiss (ie, your buddy didn't damage it), you should be able to go overnight with that battery, assuming it receives a good charge the next day to prevent cumulative discharge.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Great! Thanks for the replies. We are planning a road trip and there will be nights we cant plugin. During the day we have solar, and will be driving, so the truck will help keep everything charged.

While that is a 100Ah battery, you don't have 100 Ah of actual use. Without damaging the battery irreversibly, lead acid is usually good down to ~50% of the stated capacity. So your 100 Ah of capacity has a usable capacity of 50Ah.

Provided nothing is amiss (ie, your buddy didn't damage it), you should be able to go overnight with that battery, assuming it receives a good charge the next day to prevent cumulative discharge.
AGMs are more tolerant of discharge than classic lead acids:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Oops! Somehow missed it was an AGM.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not with a cab forward tilt over design. You have to flip the cab over forward to check the oil, water and fan belts
Just carve out a nice radius in the underside of the bed area and you can flip that cab all day!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I'm afraid I have damaged mine because I left them on while it was stored and drained them dead for no idea how long (2 months maybe?). We didn't take it out this year, so I haven't tested them yet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stumbled across a youtube channel of some guy got his truck stuck out near crusty butt....paradise valley or something or other...

4 door 90's f350 7.3 diesel with full length flat bed...home made camper....total length about 21 feet...height about 11 ft....

fuel issue....lift pump...

has to get the thing towed out about 3-4 hours back to town...

moral of story....lite weight and mobility...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stumbled across a youtube channel of some guy got his truck stuck out near crusty butt....paradise valley or something or other...

4 door 90's f350 7.3 diesel with full length flat bed...home made camper....total length about 21 feet...height about 11 ft....

fuel issue....lift pump...

has to get the thing towed out about 3-4 hours back to town...

moral of story....lite weight and mobility...
Paradise Divide. Up near Schofield Pass. That's a long, rough tow...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
But it's the super secret shortcut between CB and Aspen!
I think I headed to CB to ride for the first time in 2008. My GPS tried to take me over Schofield Pass when I was leaving town to my next destination.

Not even knowing about Devils Punchbowl etc I knew it was a bad idea to follow the navigation attempts it was making.