Quantcast

Campers

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Haier stove is not compatible with my solar system for now. Black and Decker convection stove was donated. While less ten Ideal. It works well enough and the airfryer part works well. Its 1500 watts so I have to watch how I use it. And more importantly tell others to be careful also. Induction hot plate works well also. Coleman camp stove works good in a pinch. New heater works well. Its propane. It lined up with the old heaters vent and goes off at 75 degrees. Old heater is going in the bedroom as soon as I can find a vent. I will need to get a low wattage dehumidifier to fully utilize it as it produces a lot of condensation for some reason. Water catchment works to well. Had to dump out and disconnect a barrel. With both barrels full the water has nowhere to go. The barrel not on a pallet sank into the mud and both PVC connectors broke. The Haier fridge is a piece of shit. So, I am back using the Yeti for now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Even though I am putting in a 2 burner stove, I'm pretty sure I will still use the Coleman stove 95% of the time. I need to put in an external valve to use the propane from the truck.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Pretty sure I am going to sell the coach and dive into the shit built rv market and buy that chinook dream hauler. Even the brand new one I looked at the other day were junk but not any other choices. Will imagine I will have a several weeks of remodeling and upgrading before I will be satisfied

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pretty sure I am going to sell the coach and dive into the shit built rv market and buy that chinook dream hauler. Even the brand new one I looked at the other day were junk but not any other choices. Will imagine I will have a several weeks of remodeling and upgrading before I will be satisfied
This is why I went the route I did. It's still crappy built, but at least I know how crappy. And even after all the redos and upgrades I'm still under $20k all in.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I like the idea of the scamp and Oliver trailers. Two piece fiberglass construction, I went in one and everything was fiberglass the seats, bathroom mattress stand. Can’t come loose if it’s all one piece. I’m sure leaks are available but not as worrisome. Bet it could float good too and repairable. I bet they are cold though. Also ugly and small.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like the idea of the scamp and Oliver trailers. Two piece fiberglass construction, I went in one and everything was fiberglass the seats, bathroom mattress stand. Can’t come loose if it’s all one piece. I’m sure leaks are available but not as worrisome. Bet it could float good too and repairable. I bet they are cold though. Also ugly and small.
My old boss went with one like that and it was awesome. The plumbing was a nightmare, but that bitch was solid.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hunting season at the camp is less than ideal. While I am grateful of my neighbor's access to their trails. I am not certain they have the same care and consideration on our trails. I was alarmed to see a tree stand overlooking our meadow. immediately adjacent to our gate. While not on our property. I am glad the DEC Guy took care of it. Ducks flew away for the season. I will miss them. I hope they come back next year. I have expressed (My hunting guests) to them that I wish they wouldn't kill everything. I like seeing the deer hanging out in the meadow when I am there. We have no pheasant and turkeys afield anymore due to over hunting.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Back before the oil industry went bust around here you'd see 2-3 of those a day for the geologists and field supervisors. There's not a large market, but there's a market for sure, plus rich overlanding dorks
$1M is more than a lifestyle commitment, but had I won (or even played) the current Powerball, then I guess I could see it.

Way cheaper to just drive around with an unused rooftop tent. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ignoring the money aspect - which isn't horrific compared to competitors. But still more than I have under the mattress.

It needs a wider gear door area. It's high enough and deep enough, but only 24" wide isn't much good for easily fitting two modern MTB's.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’ll bite, not quite sure as to how that qualifies as electric?
From the more info page

Pricing
The first true all-season, electric cabin, off-road capable, new and modern, 4-person recreational vehicle - $199,500 plus fees and taxes”

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
just put a unimog radio box on this and call it a day....

Screenshot_20221125_164335_Facebook.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I’ll bite, not quite sure as to how that qualifies as electric?
I'd wondered the same, it's bad naming as in the video they claim it's because the camper part is all electric, no propane.

Just ignore the supplemental petrol fueled heater that helps out the mini split when you want it too.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I have started to accumulate the parts for my next camper upgrade. I already have 100 watts of solar on the roof I am going to add another 100 watts which will bring me up to what I had on my previous camper. I scored a 100 watt Renogy monocrystalline panel for $40 and now I'm just waiting for the mounts, and waterproof spice connectors and Y connectors to be delivered.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Okay RV Monkies, what kind of solar charge controller do I want?

I have a janky 100 watt panel that I'm going to replace with a better one (need the diodes that allow it to charge in partial shade) and my controller is a 10a POS. Thinking I'll start with 200 watts of Renogy panels on the roof and maybe add some suitcase/portable panels that can be pointed in the right direction.

I believe that means I need a 30-40 amp controller, but what type I'm a little lost on, don't totally understand the advantage of the MPPT ones, they would be hooked up to a pair of AGM batteries if that matters.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have 400w going to a 40A controller. I'm told I could run 600w through it without issues. Get an MPPT controller, it's worth it. I have the Renogy, it's like $120 and works.