Quantcast

Campers

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends bought an Airstream. They placed it on their property overlooking Canandaigua Lake. I was thinking old Airstream. It's a brand new one. Pretty nice. 55 acres of woods and adjacent to state land.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can see it high centered on a speed bump in the Walmart parking lot
It has air ride, I bet it goes up a foot. My 69 went from frame on the ground to 10" high. I bet it also has auto level.

I had a ton of hay in the bed, bumped the rear from 20psi to 60psi and had the back sitting level.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I would like to have a device like a refrigerator, except that it should be able to both heat and cool in order to maintain its set point.

This because I'm planning some winter travel.
For the R Pod? How winters are we talking here? And are you trying to make the food warm or just keep the stuff in the fridge from freezing?

Had no issues with my fridge getting too cold and feeezing things while camped in 0-5 degree weather. I think it mostly just insulated the food since my propane usage went to just about zero as well, until I turned on the heater anyway

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I really don't get building those 2 person campers onto 4 door trucks??
Aaaand the back seats are for who exactly?*

*excluding Westy and woo who obviously need those seats for the hookers that are never seen again after that backwoods trip.
Shit. I've removed the back seats from my VW Golf. My cargo to passenger ratio is higher than 99% of the trucks on the road.

*Dead hookers are cargo.

For the R Pod? How winters are we talking here? And are you trying to make the food warm or just keep the stuff in the fridge from freezing?

Had no issues with my fridge getting too cold and feeezing things while camped in 0-5 degree weather. I think it mostly just insulated the food since my propane usage went to just about zero as well, until I turned on the heater anyway
Don't want stuff to freeze. This kicked off by a planned week of travel in the van.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Don't want stuff to freeze. This kicked off by a planned week of travel in the van.
If it gets cold enough for long enough to freeze stuff in your fridge, inside your van, what is that going to be like for you? Fridge should act like a thermos. “Hot or cold, how does it know?” So it would take some time to freeze stuff in there. But everything will be cold, your cloths and bed, and that’s gunna suck and will take time to reverse so you are comfy.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
all yours with a starting base price of $310,000. OH hell no

They do look beautiful but the door is in an odd place, beds seem weird to me, seems big for a single axle. But they are supposedly light. Seems pricy to tow with a Tesla though.

I don’t like everything being a white fiberglass box with tribal tattoo graphics. Would it kill manufacturers to add some real style and trim to campers instead of making them as throw away items that fall apart? Yes I guess it would. So because of that I won’t hate on the Bowlus to much as supposedly they are built to last. Which isn’t teslaesk, if I was Bowlus I wouldn’t want the affiliation.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
I actually dig the door placement, parking at truck stops and on the street access to mine kinda sucks, especially with the Lipert steps that require a level camper in order to open far enough that the door can close. That also puts your step right at the tongue jack, and gives you a spot for a door mat that's not directly in the dirt.

No clue how they got it so light, that's 8' longer than my Apex and almost 300lbs lighter, no slide, but that 17kwh worth of batteries has gotta weigh at least a couple pounds. They also don't give you much load capacity, 750lbs, but with a full tank of water you're left with 330lbs for all your other junk needed for a family of potentially 4.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I actually dig the door placement, parking at truck stops and on the street access to mine kinda sucks, especially with the Lipert steps that require a level camper in order to open far enough that the door can close. That also puts your step right at the tongue jack, and gives you a spot for a door mat that's not directly in the dirt.

No clue how they got it so light, that's 8' longer than my Apex and almost 300lbs lighter, no slide, but that 17kwh worth of batteries has gotta weigh at least a couple pounds. They also don't give you much load capacity, 750lbs, but with a full tank of water you're left with 330lbs for all your other junk needed for a family of potentially 4.
I imagined the door being in an awkward spot in campsites. Being backed into spots it would be on the road giving people a view inside. I quite like the front bed in my camper giving the dining area a view of the campsite and the door farther in the campsite. But that’s me.

That sucks about your steps. I keep a step platform just inside the door to use as I don’t like how flexy the factory one is for my fat ass.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
The Lipert steps are nice, super solid, but have the major downside of needing 24" clearance to swing them out, and acting like a baby gate that prevents you even getting in the trailer when they're up.

Though to be fair, I think my trailer was supposed to have the 2 step set, not the 3, which would have potentially solved the door issue.