Quantcast

Campers

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So they took a regular e-Transit and made a #vanlife out of it? Cool, I guess?

108 mile range, better hop you have solid camp spots within 45 minutes of your house. Given the range limitations it would be nice if they at least attempted to save some weight on the interior, that's a ton of 3/4" birch plywood, shit's heavy as hell.
v2 will be e-Sprinter based and have a more reasonable range.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Should have taken a picture. Got to the Sd house and something I’ve been worried about happened. The neighbor had moved his leech lines and didn’t put them deep enough and now that he has tenants the water leech’s to my yard. With the rains it got too wet and my trailer sunk all the way to the frame on one side. But my backhoe pulled the truck and trailer out no problem. No damage done other than too our neighborly relationship.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
338367152_1267387467547253_482770966545642962_n.jpg

Two of my med school buddies are married, have 3 kids, and are taking a year (more?) to live and work in NZ. They bought an ex-rental Hi-Ace camper.

"Sleeps 5 pretty well but lacks clearance and 4WD."
"2 in the roof, one on the floor. Cassette toilet to make it “self contained but are going to try not to use it"

Google Lens reveals this is a "Britz 3 berth":

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Actually after looking at it long enough, I've rethought the whole idea. I'm going to build a box and hinge the bottom so it drops out. That way it's secured and protected, but still accessable.

I hate redoing shit, but it's not like I've done it before. :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
View attachment 191536

Two of my med school buddies are married, have 3 kids, and are taking a year (more?) to live and work in NZ. They bought an ex-rental Hi-Ace camper.

"Sleeps 5 pretty well but lacks clearance and 4WD."
"2 in the roof, one on the floor. Cassette toilet to make it “self contained but are going to try not to use it"

Google Lens reveals this is a "Britz 3 berth":

timely, this came across my Google feed about 5 minutes ago.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Rav 4 was not up to the task of getting up to camp. Snow is still deep in the woods. Where it's not snowy/icy its muddy. Going down in reverse is never fun.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
better to burn out than to fade away my my hey hey
Wouldn't a skid plate on the propane tank be more of a fade away option and less of a burn up option?

No major updates on the Failer, but minor shit getting ready for this weekend. New solar controller I bought on black friday is in, new inverter I bought mid November is in, and new mini BBQ showed up. Almost ready for the weekend, and I don't want to go, yay.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Wouldn't a skid plate on the propane tank be more of a fade away option and less of a burn up option?

No major updates on the Failer, but minor shit getting ready for this weekend. New solar controller I bought on black friday is in, new inverter I bought mid November is in, and new mini BBQ showed up. Almost ready for the weekend, and I don't want to go, yay.
what kind of mini bbq did you get? I’ve seen the next grill and the small Weber propane models.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
what kind of mini bbq did you get? I’ve seen the next grill and the small Weber propane models.
Picked up a cheapie Amazon Basics two burner. Not totally convinced I want a grill as opposed to a flat top so I didn’t want to spend Weber money. Seems reasonably nice for $120, and because the gas control is part of the grill and not built into the propane regulator I can run it off my QC propane.

The Weber Qs are super nice though, you can enough that it’s probably worth the money. I’ll probably keep trolling FB marketplace for a deal on one, had one years ago that I paid like $20 for and stupidly gave away, just needed something cheap and in a hurry this time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
As the YouTube comments note, there already was damage on the right side before the dude self-PITted himself.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not like there was anything left to impound and auction though for all their infractions.