Quantcast

Campgrounds near Snowshoe ???

fondigley

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Boulder, CO
I haven't been up there in a couple of years, since like 2002, but I remember a bunch of spots near by. Lived in WV for 12 years and used to frequent that place a lot, but moved West and have only gone back to see my family. But it sounds like Silver Creek is the closest and prolly best bet for proximity, unless you want the wilderness feel.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Whittaker Camp Ground
304-456-3218

HCR 61 BOX 45
Cass, WV 24927

It's on Rt 61 towards Cass. About 2 WV miles out the back entrance to Snowshoe to the south.

Mike

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
Dartman said:
Whittaker Camp Ground
304-456-3218

HCR 61 BOX 45
Cass, WV 24927

It's on Rt 61 towards Cass. About 2 WV miles out the back entrance to Snowshoe to the south.

Mike

more than likely you're referring to Rt 66,not 61. just wanted to clear that up in case anyone actually used those directions! also,if the campground is actually IN Cass,it's more like 8 or 9 miles,not 2.

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
Elk river touring center. Its there off season, they are at the bottom of the mtn, and down just a bit. You could prolly rent a cabin from him cheaper than driving you camper up there. Cant remember the web address though. The owners name is gill.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Racer-X said:
more than likely you're referring to Rt 66,not 61. just wanted to clear that up in case anyone actually used those directions! also,if the campground is actually IN Cass,it's more like 8 or 9 miles,not 2.
DOH! Right thanks. I did say "WV miles".

Mike

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Racer-X said:

How would you know, you never leave the house, that's what I hear anyway. Well, I take that back, you do leave to snowboard, but only when the conditions are nice and sloppy. Racer X is a mudder! :D

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
BUCKET said:
How would you know, you never leave the house, that's what I hear anyway. Well, I take that back, you do leave to snowboard, but only when the conditions are nice and sloppy. Racer X is a mudder! :D
:confused: hhmm...let's go over how much people run their mouths about things they don't know...damn! that's quite a bit.

we'll see how often i leave the house when bike season comes around. :thumb: