Quantcast

Camping at Snowshoe?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Sorry Guys, I did a search but didn't come up with much. We're looking for a campground at or near SS with showers. There's 3-6 of us coming, I can be more specific after this week. We're not too interested in a condo unless it's dirt cheap. We'd be coming down on a Wed.night and leaving Sunday sometime. The searches I did were vague and didn't leave me with too many campground choices. I tried Google and Yahoo and searched "Campgrounds at Snowshoe, WV". Does someone have a site or a # to call? We want to stay pretty close too. Thanks EC

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
That's pretty much your best option. They have hook ups at silvercreek if you're bringing a camper, and if not you can just put up a tent for free. At split rock, just tell 'em you're camping at silvercreek, and they'll let you in to take a shower, also for free.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Is this at the top or the bottom of the mountain? I'm a little confused by the lack of info on their site. After reading a bunch of post it sounds like some stayed at the top and others down bottom?... In other words, where is this camping area located when I pull into SS? Thanks, EC

Silver creek is a small ski mtn that is only 2 miles from the top of snowshoe and the split rock pools showers. You go up the same road as if you were going to the top of snowshoe and then look for the silvercreek sign and make a left to follow to the campsite.