Quantcast

camping in asheville suggestions

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Im cruisin outta town from the 11th to the 14th of august and headin to Asheville for some camping/chillin/ and checkin out. Im looking for suggestions on where to camp for a couple nights. Ideally id like to be by a running creek or water as its gonna be hot. Plus id also like to be able to ride from my campsite or a short car ride. My lady friend who is coming with doesnt ride but im going to sneak away for 2-3 hours a day to ride. Thanks...now discuss:cool:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Pisgah has some awesome primitive camping on a forest road (with the group camps) right after you enter the park. Almost all of those sites are right on the creek and it is gorgeous. All of this is a little ways from Asheville, but riding is right out the door. 45 min to an hour I think. TN is the direction guy, but Biggins would know for sure. Dupont is close to pisgah and has some nice riding but I have never camped there so I don't know about that.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Pisgah has camping and riding galore. But it is 1hr or so away from downtown. There are some places off of the parkway that are closer to downtown (about 1/2 hr). However if you don't mind being 1hr away from the city Pisgah is the place to be, there are some sweet campsites in there.