Quantcast

Camping IN Whistler

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Anything in or around the actual village? I would prefer being in the village rather than at creekside. Always the option to dirt it up and sleep in the car but I'd prefer a place to pitch a tent.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
it sucks because it is 35 dollars a night, you have to pay for showers, you can't drive to your site, you can't have fires past 11, no noise past 10, etc.

Kyle,

Burton_350z

Chimp
Feb 13, 2008
which lot is the overnight lot.. id assume when you pull into all the parking lots (by the skate park) you just take a left instead of a right?

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Correct. Its away from the village so its quite, and it doesnt have street lights so its nice and dark. I also like to back up to the trees so I have a little privacy and can sleep with the canopy open. Been doing it off and on now for 5 years and never been bothered.

There are a couple of hotels that let you use there showers, just tell em you were a guest the night before. Or just run out to Riverside and pay the loonie for a shower then come back to the village. Makes car camping very comfortable.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
it sucks because it is 35 dollars a night, you have to pay for showers, you can't drive to your site, you can't have fires past 11, no noise past 10, etc.

Kyle,
jesus it sounds like a retirement home :plthumbsdown: Maybe i'll stay in the parking lot

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Any other places to stay? I'd stay in the overnight lot.. but my buddy has a bench seat and i really don't feel like being the little spoon.

He's renting a bike (he's a bmx rider) so paying for a couple hotel nights doesn't seem like a good idea for him

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Any other places to stay? I'd stay in the overnight lot.. but my buddy has a bench seat and i really don't feel like being the little spoon.

He's renting a bike (he's a bmx rider) so paying for a couple hotel nights doesn't seem like a good idea for him
not really this year. Staff isn't letting people stay there due to peak to peak, doppelmayr rented out all the available rooms for its workers. I've never done the hostel thing, but I heard it is relatively cheap, but pretty sketchy. Your best/cheapest bet is still probably camping. if you go, bring your own firewood, they don't allow gathering there (and there isn't much to find anyway) and it is 9 dollars a bundle at the camp office. the only thing that sucks is the noise thing, but on a good note though, if you ride hard enough, you won't be up past 11 anyways. just hope if you do camp it doesn't rain like it has been for the last week. trails are prime though;)

Kyle,

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
not really this year. Staff isn't letting people stay there due to peak to peak, doppelmayr rented out all the available rooms for its workers. I've never done the hostel thing, but I heard it is relatively cheap, but pretty sketchy. Your best/cheapest bet is still probably camping. if you go, bring your own firewood, they don't allow gathering there (and there isn't much to find anyway) and it is 9 dollars a bundle at the camp office. the only thing that sucks is the noise thing, but on a good note though, if you ride hard enough, you won't be up past 11 anyways. just hope if you do camp it doesn't rain like it has been for the last week. trails are prime though;)

Kyle,
Looks like that's my online choice if they won't let us sleep in the lot. I'm not too worried about showering...

Just going to get dirty again the next day

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Are the odds of rain up there like the odds of rain at Snowshoe? Pretty much if there is any chance there is every chance?

I could just roll out in the back of my truck, but it would for suck if it were to start raining.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Are the odds of rain up there like the odds of rain at Snowshoe? Pretty much if there is any chance there is every chance?

I could just roll out in the back of my truck, but it would for suck if it were to start raining.

It's rained at least once every 24 hours for the last week. count on it raining.

Kyle,