Quantcast

Camping reccomendations near Zion

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Anyone know of some good places to camp near Zion National Park?
We prefer primitive camping away from the crowds, but really we aren't too picky (although, I am not sleeping next to a RV).
Thanks!
-TN

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Well, you can camp near the entrance gate along the river. Bring some tubing gear :) I know it's near other campers, but hey, you're camping, it's nice, you're in a great location -- walking distance to the park shuttle bus one way and walk to the shops/restuarants the other way. Good restuarant on the river side just south of that site with hippie food you two would like.

If you really wanna get away, you can hike into the Kolob Arch trail, but my god, it's FVCKING hot in there. There's a river, well, probably a creek to get water (filter) as well as cool down. You'll definitely be away from people with cool sites and warm nites.

Lastly, a great adventure is to hike down The Narrows. It's a most of the day hike from the top to the campsites. Then a most of the day hike to the end the next day. Very popular, limited camping, call the ranger station way in advance to book your night. Have a back-up plan cuz if there's a chance a 50%+ chance of flooding, they'll discourage you since if it floods, there's a 100% chance of death seeing as you're in a canyon with no escape.

I LOVE ZION NP!

Photos from The Narrows...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I know when we camped on Gossebery Mesa we could see Zion just a few miles away... and with that you're right on the Gossebery Mesa trail...