Quantcast

Campy Guru's to the white courtesy phone

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ok so I have an old set of road wheels. Campy. I am trying to identify them, and there are no distinguishing marks on the hub other than "Brev Int". Both hubs are QR. The rear hub is 8spd cassette (also Campy - same markings, "Brev Int").

Some googling turned up this:

http://www.velobase.com/ViewSingleComponent.aspx?ID=B1C18882-0183-47E1-9216-A280F6F101E6&Enum=110&AbsPos=22

And I'm fairly certain that's what they are. The hub shells have that sorta ring in the center (which is where the markings are). And the flanges are bulged almost identically.

I'm trying to figure out what they're worth. They are both laced (rear is a Campy Omega rim, front is a Mavic open road 4d I think). They are in good condition - clean, both the cassette body and the axles still roll well. Thoughts? I'll get some pictures up tomo.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
if i recall, the ring is limited to Record hubs. i think.

what's the freehub body look like? get a couple pictures of it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, you can post this on the Campy Only forums and I bet you would get an answer in 10 minutes.

splat

Nam I am
Those are Mismatched Hubs The front is an older vintage , Still they are nice .

I currently Ride 8 Speed Campy ( so I would be interested in a them :) ) the rear is not record, I think it is courus. maybe daytona/centar but I don't think so.

front , I don't know it is definatly late 80's

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Those are Mismatched Hubs The front is an older vintage , Still they are nice .

I currently Ride 8 Speed Campy ( so I would be interested in a them :) ) the rear is not record, I think it is courus. maybe daytona/centar but I don't think so.

front , I don't know it is definatly late 80's
Thanks for the info. You would be interested, or you are interested? :brows:

splat

Nam I am
I emailed a Buddy of mine who is into the old bike parts , a link to your pictures I saw him last night and this is what he told me

regarding the rear hub.
The Campy 8 speed exa-shift hub , Record and Courus would say record/courus on the non drive side Bearing dust cover if it says Nothing it is centar. Velouce and Daytona don't have the Campy Name in the middle of the hub so it can't be them

he feels the front hub is a Nuvou Record from the late 80's.