Quantcast

Can a mouse be cute...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
like any other furry little animal?

I don't like death and told my co-workers that my cat killed two mice in the past three days... and mentioned that these mice were really cute. One co-worker said there's no such thing.

If a cat can be cute and a hamster or dog or whatever, why not mice?

I love my cat and she's very affectionate, but she's also a vicious little killer, waiting and stalking her prey for hours on end.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My cat used to catch mice too. We would sometimes hunt mice together. I'd flush em out and he would chase them down and catch them. Sometimes he'd eat them, sometimes we would burn them at the stake in the fireplace as a warning to the other mice.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I know people who do not like cats but went out and got one because those "cute" little mice were taking over the house.

Our cats are always bringing dead birds to the front porch in the summer time, I hate it, especiallyb if they bring one that is still alive. But I have no control over the Cycle of Life/Food Chain thing!

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I have a gopher snake who eats 2-3 mice every other week ... my roommate screams because she things the mice are so cute and doesn't like to hear them scream when the snake grabs 'em. I do feel a little bad for the mice, though.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
riverside73 said:
Our cats are always bringing dead birds to the front porch in the summer time, I hate it, especiallyb if they bring one that is still alive. But I have no control over the Cycle of Life/Food Chain thing!
You cat is presenting you with a gift. Accept it and rejoice!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Ciaran said:
My cat used to catch mice too. We would sometimes hunt mice together. I'd flush em out and he would chase them down and catch them. Sometimes he'd eat them, sometimes we would burn them at the stake in the fireplace as a warning to the other mice.
When I was in college, we lived in this POS house. It had mice, and for fun my roomates and I used to shoot at them with a BB Gun. We never hit one. We found it mcuh more effective to bait them to the middle of the kitchen floor and then whack 'em with a skillet!! This was done, of course, under the influence of much alcohol and other substances!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
riverside73 said:
When I was in college, we lived in this POS house. It had mice, and for fun my roomates and I used to shoot at them with a BB Gun. We never hit one. We found it mcuh more effective to bait them to the middle of the kitchen floor and then whack 'em with a skillet!! This was done, of course, under the influence of much alcohol and other substances!
I wasn't going to say it first but we used to whack em withour swords and shoot them with bb guns as well. Well, we tried to shoot them with the bb gun.

At the time I was living in a shack in east san diego county among the meth labs. No, I didn't cook meth!

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
our college dorms were infested with mice. my gf had one in her apartment so we went out to the local food mart and picked up some snap traps to kill the buggers.
so one night she hears some rustling under the fridge and gets down on all fours to peer under it. she sees the thing chillin under there for a second then it bolts out from under the fridge, along the wall and into the bedroom. In one motion, she goes from prone on the floor in the kitchen to standing on top of the back of the couch in the other room. I had never seen anyone move as fast as that in my life.
anyway, the mouse is in the bedroom, trapped. since we had to go out anyway, we shut the door and left the trap next to a notch cut out of the bedroom door for the cable line and headded out. not two seconds later the mouse tries the escape route in teh door and is met with the buisness end of the mouse trap right in the face.
my gf goes to check it out and sees how cute it is and asks if we can keep it. I just look at her and shake my head, the thing's brains were coming out of its mouth, so it was unlikely it would have been too active if we had made a cage for it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Went hikin with my ex years back and we came across a small mouse in the trail. She took a blade of grass and put it in front of it. The little bastard attacked it with such ferocity, it was totally funny. i love true nature.:)

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
LordOpie said:
like any other furry little animal?

I love my cat and she's very affectionate, but she's also a vicious little killer, waiting and stalking her prey for hours on end.
Just because your cat is domesticated it still has hundreds of thousands of years of primal instincts, cats ARE PREDATORS by nature, that is what they do, if you where suddenly reduced to 4" inches tall your cat would have no problem hunting you down and going for the jugular.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MunkeeHucker said:
Just because your cat is domesticated it still has hundreds of thousands of years of primal instincts, cats ARE PREDATORS by nature, that is what they do, if you where suddenly reduced to 4" inches tall your cat would have no problem hunting you down and going for the jugular.
My cats already have no problems with hunting me down and going for the jugular. Especially if I am late with dinner.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Ciaran said:
My cats already have no problems with hunting me down and going for the jugular. Especially if I am late with dinner.
Men are not supposed to have cats. Unless your woman made you get it/them to make her feel better about your bond with your dog.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Men are not supposed to have cats. Unless your woman made you get it/them to make her feel better about your bond with your dog.
No dogs in a 1 bedroom apartment. Besides, my cat is a hunter. Grrr. :p