Quantcast

Can angry hank sell out any more?

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
despite the tattoos, he looks serious and sensitive in that pic.

oly, stop changing your avatars, they keep getting scuuurrrier!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I could think of worse things for him to do. It is IFC after all. At least he's not selling rollins lunch boxes at Spencer gifts.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Megan Black said:
despite the tattoos, he looks serious and sensitive in that pic.

oly, stop changing your avatars, they keep getting scuuurrrier!
Deep down he's a big pile of mashed taders......... despite the tats and scowel. I guess all punks get old. Im sure Black flag didnt contribute much to his SS fund.......

haha..... How can santas skull be scurrry?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
HR does a radio show here in L.A. Pretty dang good. He speaks of his old punk days quite often. He has some good stories to tell, and plays some pretty dang good music.

He is turning into quite the rennaissance man.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Cant stand that "spoken word" crap he does... I used to think he was some hard ass till I saw the story bout when he was at a friends house. Some guy knocked on the door and shot his friend when he answered it. As soon as he heard a shot he got up and ran his ass out the back door and didnt stop.Left his friend lyin there...weak... Yah I know...most of us would high tail it out'a dodge if'n we heard a gunshot, BUT we havnt made our livin off of actin tough. Black flag rocks ( not as hard as CRASS, but what the hell) but Hank is bummin me out these days.

He does do a story bout buyin a futon in NY and trying to get it back to his apartment that was really good.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Ciaran said:
HR does a radio show here in L.A. Pretty dang good. He speaks of his old punk days quite often. He has some good stories to tell, and plays some pretty dang good music.

He is turning into quite the rennaissance man.
Too bad you were not referring to HR of Bad Brains fame; that's be more interesting than Rollins, who is hit & miss with me.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Clark Kent said:
Cant stand that "spoken word" crap he does... I used to think he was some hard ass till I saw the story bout when he was at a friends house. Some guy knocked on the door and shot his friend when he answered it. As soon as he heard a shot he got up and ran his ass out the back door and didnt stop.Left his friend lyin there...weak... Yah I know...most of us would high tail it out'a dodge if'n we heard a gunshot, BUT we havnt made our livin off of actin tough. Black flag rocks ( not as hard as CRASS, but what the hell) but Hank is bummin me out these days.

He does do a story bout buyin a futon in NY and trying to get it back to his apartment that was really good.

Whatever dude.
Unless you happen to also have a gun on you ANYONE would run if shots start flying.

If anyone says different they are full of it.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Damn True said:
Whatever dude.
Unless you happen to also have a gun on you ANYONE would run if shots start flying.

If anyone says different they are full of it.
Yes little man, like I said most would. From experiance, I can say I am not one of those that would flee and leave a friend. I didnt do that twice in my life so like you said...Whatever dude!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Clark Kent said:
Yes little man, like I said most would. From experiance, I can say I am not one of those that would flee and leave a friend. I didnt do that twice in my life so like you said...Whatever dude!

So shots were flying and you, without a gun of your own, hung around?

Sorry Rambo, I don't believe you.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
llkoolkeg said:
Too bad you were not referring to HR of Bad Brains fame; that's be more interesting than Rollins, who is hit & miss with me.
HR...interesting, yes...but his prodigious pot use has definitely made him more hit and miss as well...

give me dr know on gtr and the 1st two lps.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
narlus said:
HR...interesting, yes...but his prodigious pot use has definitely made him more hit and miss as well...

give me dr know on gtr and the 1st two lps.
Hahahahaha. It's less his prodigious pot use than his dalliance with other substances. He was pretty normal on that early stuff. "Quickness" was in the regular rotation all throughout college for me. It wasn't until he strayed from the sweet leaf and struck out on his own that he became so overly moody and irrational. Regardless, he is an interesting character and listening to him prattle on in a delusional haze would be most amusing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
get him, flava flav, kool keith and ODB (well, he wouldn't be so much fun any more) in a room, fill it w/ some consumables, and start the tape rollin'...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
narlus said:
get him, flava flav, kool keith and ODB (well, he wouldn't be so much fun any more) in a room, fill it w/ some consumables, and start the tape rollin'...
Whaddya mean? ODB, as always, would be the, ahem, life of the party just as he was at the Grammys! :p

All you haters out there who think that Hank is a sell out fail to realize on thing. Henry Rollins had a great career in punk music. He made money as a comedian. Now he's moved on to something else he wanted to do. There isnt any shame in doing a movie review show. If anything I would think that Hank's unique outlook and FAR from straight and narrow views would add a MUCH needed jolt to the movie scene.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
llkoolkeg said:
HR (from bad brains) Ruled it. One of his rasta alblums is on the top 10 of reggae records i own....