Quantcast

Can anybody identify this wheelset?

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
she probably rides more than he does, so they'd probably be fine for his bike too.
ahahahahahahahaha - hehehehehehe - poor stanley is getting pwn3d today. :think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
stosh said:
So you know about them?
I don't really have any experience with them myself. They are kind of Supergo specials. But if they don't require special tools to work on, they are tensioned properly, and are true and stay that way then they should be fine. I am leary of low spoke count wheels but they should be fine in most situations......jdcamb

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
I don't really have any experience with them myself. They are kind of Supergo specials. But if they don't require special tools to work on, they are tensioned properly, and are true and stay that way then they should be fine. I am leary of low spoke count wheels but they should be fine in most situations......jdcamb
She's running a pair of ROLF paired spoke now with no problems. She's short and light.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
She's running a pair of ROLF paired spoke now with no problems. She's short and light.
No problems with the Rolf? If so, why are you dropping more money on wheels?

Frankly, I'd never buy a proprietary wheelset like that. I'm a big fan of the normal hubs/spokes/rims so that they are easily replacable at any LBS and parts are interchangable if one of the other parts craps out on ya.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
No problems with the Rolf? If so, why are you dropping more money on wheels?

Frankly, I'd never buy a proprietary wheelset like that. I'm a big fan of the normal hubs/spokes/rims so that they are easily replacable at any LBS and parts are interchangable if one of the other parts craps out on ya.
She wants disc brakes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
PS. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to wheelsets. I want something light for her but they don't have to be to strong because she's not heavy or to hard on her bike. I'm just looking right now... or I should say I'm just getting educated right now.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've never used vueltas but a friend of mine's built up wheels using their rims w/o any problems.

i'm w/ BV in terms of having wheels where you can get spokes easy and rebuilding/overhauling the hub is also standard stuff.