Quantcast

Can anyone find the photo that went with this?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
18,222
85
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Apparently it was a pic of dubyah..."helping" to rebuild something. He was hammering something. I heard it on the radio this morning.

I was curious to see the pic....

Top Ten Thoughts Going Through George W. Bush's Mind At This Moment


10. "This should make up for me waiting a week to respond to the hurricane"

9. "Dang, this is fun--I should bring a hammer to cabinet meetings"

8. "Why won't they let me handle the power tools?"

7. "Great, another thing I'm not good at"

6. "This is the kind of thing we should be paying Halliburton 800 bucks an hour to do"

5. "Do I get to keep the hard hat?"

4. "It's Hammer Time!"

3. "I've got to finish pretending to build a house so I can go pretend to comfort people"

2. "Georgie's gonna need another five weeks off"

1. "Only thing Clinton ever nailed was that hefty intern"
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,649
3,466
Sleazattle
ohio said:
That's the smallest hammer I've ever seen in the hands of an adult.
The dark background makes it look like a small hammer where he is really using a regular hammer and choking up on it like a 6 year old playing tee ball.
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
Westy said:
The dark background makes it look like a small hammer where he is really using a regular hammer and choking up on it like a 6 year old playing tee ball.
Ah, right you are. Wow, that's even worse.
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
Silver said:
He holds a hammer like a little girl.
I was thinking more like Richard Simmons. It's like Kerry trying to throw a football. If politicians were smart, political advisors would be strung up and shot when they suggest things like this... thankfull for amusement, politicians are not smart. And some are even more not smart than others.
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
Construction worker survey says.......

Ding! yup he's a pvss.

He's definately choking up on a Fisher Price 16 oz.'er. Also bending his wrist, at that rate he'll finish driving the nail tomorrow, that is if he doesn't bend it first. What a ding, this kid has better form than he does.

 

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
1,794
0
Napavine, Warshington
Dang, judging by the arc of the claw he is also using a finish hammer to frame with.

You can be legally killed for that on a jobsite.

I'm ashamed to be an american right now.
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
ummbikes said:
Dang, judging by the arc of the claw he is also using a finish hammer to frame with.
I framed a fair number of houses in my day, and I have no idea what a finish hammer is... hmmm. A carpenter thing? Maybe it's Norwegian for "pvssy."
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
MMike said:
Apparently it was a pic of dubyah..."helping" to rebuild something. He was hammering something. I heard it on the radio this morning.

I was curious to see the pic....

Top Ten Thoughts Going Through George W. Bush's Mind At This Moment


10. "This should make up for me waiting a week to respond to the hurricane"

9. "Dang, this is fun--I should bring a hammer to cabinet meetings"

8. "Why won't they let me handle the power tools?"

7. "Great, another thing I'm not good at"

6. "This is the kind of thing we should be paying Halliburton 800 bucks an hour to do"

5. "Do I get to keep the hard hat?"

4. "It's Hammer Time!"

3. "I've got to finish pretending to build a house so I can go pretend to comfort people"

2. "Georgie's gonna need another five weeks off"

1. "Only thing Clinton ever nailed was that hefty intern"
Number 8 and number 1 are the best ones. Oh, and yes he definitely holds a hammer like a sissy man...
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
ummbikes said:
A finish hammer has a smooth striking face. A framing hammer has a waffled face that grips the nail head while striking.
No chit? I guess I've seen the framing hammers, but every guy I've ever worked with (and these guys had been building houses, nail-gun free, since the dawn of time) used a smooth faced 20oz. hammer...

I don't think I ever needed any "grip" on the nail-head.
 

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
22,446
2,122
In my pants
MMike said:
....or I could wear foam gloves.....
Better use a slow rebound elastomer. Call it "damping."

So I've been wondering. The monkey in chief always does these little quick photo ops. Do you think he stuck around long enough to actually get a nail all the way in or just left after a few good shots?
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
ghostrider said:
ohio now owns the trophy for funniest post in RM history. Keep up the good work, man.
Don't I still owe you a beer? I have vague recollections of a great post about you wanting to divorce your wife...
 

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
964
1
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
ohio said:
Don't I still owe you a beer? I have vague recollections of a great post about you wanting to divorce your wife...
Nope, must have been somebody else. I would never say anything bad about my lovely and compassionate wife. You can still send me the beer anyway.