Quantcast

Can anyone here translate english to hebrew in writing?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm looking for a new tattoo and want it written in hebrew...anybody know how to translate?

i'm looking for the word "GUARDIAN" in hebrew and more specifically, how it's written.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
There's a guy at the gym with a big kosher K and several other Hebrew sayings tattooed to his arms which to my admittedly poor / limited understanding of Judaism is decidedly unkosher. Is it not?

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I tried my Hebrwe Old Testament I have here on my puter at work to search for the word "guardian" and get the actual Hebrew letters for you but that word isn't used in the OT............go figure...........

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
manimal said:
With all due respect that's a pretty lame Biblical site to support a tattoo...........to say that Jesus "got rid of" or "superceeded" the Torah.....that is Biblically false, much of the basis for the doing away with that tattoo passage in the Torah is pretty shaky.

A much better arguement could be made that a) your a Gentile (I assume) and b) under Acts 15 you only have to "observe" those "regulations" not the whole Torah (essentially a Noachide believer). There is no mention of tattoos in Acts 15 so you're good to go..............

Anyway, not to bust on you Manimal, just wanted to give you a more Biblical holistic basis for your tat..........Shalom brotha....fellow father of a "Noah";)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Andyman_1970 said:
With all due respect that's a pretty lame Biblical site to support a tattoo...........to say that Jesus "got rid of" or "superceeded" the Torah.....that is Biblically false, much of the basis for the doing away with that tattoo passage in the Torah is pretty shaky.

A much better arguement could be made that a) your a Gentile (I assume) and b) under Acts 15 you only have to "observe" those "regulations" not the whole Torah (essentially a Noachide believer). There is no mention of tattoos in Acts 15 so you're good to go..............

Anyway, not to bust on you Manimal, just wanted to give you a more Biblical holistic basis for your tat..........Shalom brotha....fellow father of a "Noah";)
yeah..it sounded good and i've already got one :cool: just want another

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
manimal said:
yeah..it sounded good and i've already got one :cool: just want another
Sweet..............we'll need pics of the new tat.........I thought about getting the Hebrew of "Shalom" on my arm at one time - it's Hebrew for peace if you didn't know, which is also what our sons names mean in Hebrew..........which is why we named ours Noah.

Anyway.............I'll take useless Hebraic trivia for 200 Alex..........:p

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Andyman_1970 said:
Sweet..............we'll need pics of the new tat.........I thought about getting the Hebrew of "Shalom" on my arm at one time - it's Hebrew for peace if you didn't know, which is also what our sons names mean in Hebrew..........which is why we named ours Noah.

Anyway.............I'll take useless Hebraic trivia for 200 Alex..........:p
it may be a bit before i get it....will be w/out the wife's knowledge but i think she'll like it when she sees it. i never got my obligatory USMC tattoo and i want something on my lower arm but i felt silly getting a marine tatt so long after i've been out. so i did some soul searching and decided that "guardian" is more of what i am now, mainly to my family but also as a cop and i wanted it in hebrew to show the judeo-christian roots.

anyway, i'm still not sure if i just want the word or something around the word. i thought about getting it in latin but the specific translation i was looking for is "tutela" and it just seems weird to have on my arm. sounds too much like the spreadable chocoloate "nutella" :D

so i'm open to any ideas for a design in/around the hebrew text.